Black Truffle Avocado Vinagerette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Made up a chicken and lettuce tossed salad for supper last nigh and was looking for a way to use up half an avacado. so I mashed it in a SS bowl and went to grab some EVOO. To my dismay, I was all out of EVOO (gasp!). what to do, what to do?

Whirling around to my spice rack, I perused the available flavorings and spotted a bottle with a bit of black truffle oil. I quikly added the remaining oil (about 1/4 tsp.) to the mashed avocado. I tasted it and found it to be lacking. I went to the fridge and looked at what was available. There was some truffle paste that I'd recieved for Christmas, and some Tobasco. I added about 1/4 tsp. of the truffle paste, and the same of Tobasco sauce. It was better, but not there yet. It needed a sour componant. so I added 2 tsp. rice vinegar to the mix. It was now a very flavorful salad dressing. In fact, it was pretty darned good. I folded it into the salad with the sauteed chicken strips, the red-leaf lettuce, one whole tomato (very frim and diced) and three chopped green onions. Add to that 1/4 cup dark red kidney beans and you have a great tasting salad. I'm now going to give you an ingredient list for the dressing. This stuff is worth making.

Black Truffle/Avocado Vinagerette:

1/2 Haas Avocado, mashed
1/4 tsp. Black Truffle Oil
1/4 tsp. Black Truffle oil
1/4 tsp. Tobasco brand Pepper Sauce
2 tsp. Rice Vinager

Enjoy with your favorite tossed salad. This might be a very good dressing for a Taco Salad as well.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

What a serously creative combination Goodweed...I'd say this calls for some excellent pasta, perhaps even a simple filled sort of variety. Very cool, thank-you for sharing your neat recipe :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom