Carrot Butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I want to make carrot butter (with a bit of fresh ginger) for my sister the carrot fanatic, but I don't have a recipe. Any help for a Tried and True recipe you've actually tasted?

sorry, never tried it, but i bet if you steamed the carrots into oblivion, and i suppose the ginger.... cooled and ran it thru a sieve or food mill..... like making baby food.... then mixed it into the butter i bet that would work....
hth. probably not.

I thought you were looking for a specific recipe with Ginger in it? No, it is not a canning recipe and should not be attempted, especially with all that oil.

huh-uh, my idea of carrot buttr involves carrot & pureeing them. not adding butter to them. i don't work well with recipes, instead throw stuff together.

season and roast your carrots till they are very soft. Then, puree them. Return them to the oven for another 15 minutes to remove any moisture. Once, it's cool enough, blend it with softened butter and the ginger you want.

Wow! That second one looks great!

I should have warned you - that first one I found on google, but EVERY time I open it, my firefox shuts down. No idea why, but I have yet to read the recipe, since I only get to the title before it dies.

PS - really like the new avatar, KE

Wow! That second one looks great!

I should have warned you - that first one I found on google, but EVERY time I open it, my firefox shuts down. No idea why, but I have yet to read the recipe, since I only get to the title before it dies.

PS - really like the new avatar, KE

Maybe you can send me the link to that first one. My first recipe is from Recipezaar. Let me know jkath - I'll see if it works for me. Just PM me so I'll be sure and get it.

Thanks on the new avatar - I figured it was about time. Those little peppers were stuffed with a cream cheese, goat cheese, and three different sausages mixture and then grilled in my panini press - they were GREAT and I've never been able to replicate them again :(

And yes, that second carrot butter recipe sounded very intriguing to me too! More savory than so sweet.

anyone see iron chef today. cat cora and ? secret indg. was carrots. some very weird and interesting food.

will someone tell me what is up with foam on everything. what is the point?just a fat of the moment?

babe:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom