Cranberry Pear sauce/relish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
Thought that I'd post this in time for Thanksgiving. I made this last year and it was fantastic!

I've skipped the lemon zest and replaced it with orange zest, and used the orange for juice. But it is perfect as written!

Cranberry Pear Sauce

• 3 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3 fresh, ripe pears diced
  • grated peel of 1 lemon
  • ½ cup orange juice

Cook cranberries and sugar over medium heat until the cranberries start to burst. Add remaining ingredients and cook until pears are very soft, stirring to avoid burning (medium low heat is best). Chill and serve. Best made a day or two ahead, this allows flavors to blend and the bitterness of the cranberries to mellow.

Sounds delish, Bakechef! I'm definitely gonna try this. Am thinking it might be good with tart apples too?

I've got to remember to pick up fresh cranberries and freeze some.

Last edited:
Dawgluver said:
Sounds delish, Bakechef! I'm definitely gonna try this. Am thinking it might be good with tart apples too?

I've got to remember to pick up fresh cranberries and freeze some.

Maybe, I like the added sweetness of the pears, but if you like your sauce more tart, the tart apple would be the way to go!

jennyema said:
I hate cranberries by themselves but I adore pears so this is a recipe for me!!!!

Thanks!!

Hope you like it, the cranberries really mellow after a day or so. I'm usually not a big fan of homemade cranberry sauce, but love this one!

Back
Top Bottom