"Emergency" Cocktail Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I needed cocktail sauce today but only had ketchup. I looked a little more and found a little deli mustard (with horse radish). So I blended the last of the deli mustard with the last of the ketchup. It actually wasn't too bad! Not quite as much of a bite as I like, but it was like mild cocktail sauce.

:)Barbara

Some of my best meals were made like that! Now, if only necessity were also the mother of memory...I can't always remember what I did :)

Maybe adding a few drops of Tabasco would have kicked it up a notch if you didn't have an horse radish or wasabi to add to it.

Bob

We always make our own cocktail sauce out of catsup, a squeeze of lemon, and horseradish. I keep horseradish on hand as I use it in several sauces.

Yes, necessity is definitely the mother of invention! I have had to become very creative in the last few months, and almost all of my creations have been good. There was only one that neither James or I liked, and I can't even remember what it was! I just remember (I think!) that it had tuna in it. Some were things that I would have never tried, but I am glad I did, especially the Jello pancake peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Yum!

:)Barbara

Edited to add: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/jello-pancake-pb-and-j-sandwiches-58546.html#post832201

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom