"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Condiments
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll
Sriracha, Chipotle Tabasco, or mustard... depends on the meal.
LOVE the Chipotle Tabasco! Fab with ketchup. On anything. Sriracha too for anything Asian.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #52
Cook
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle

Ever tried Ranch drizzled over Pizza? I love that.

.
Oohhh..., no but I'm gonna!!
__________________

__________________
jdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #53
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Asked me this question 2 or 3 months ago, &, I would have proudly stood up & declared my undying love for butter & ranch dressiing!!...But, after my gallbladder "eruption", I have had no choice other than to change things or continue down my path of self-destruction....*sniffles...I miss 'ya butter buddy*...Anyhow, now that I am on track for a healthier lifestyle, I would have to vote for olive oil as my new "go-to" condiment. Used properly, it has quite a "bang for its buck", &, has the ability to clean out those hardened arteries & veins that are clogged w/saturated fats...I'm not perfect, but, as far as "out w/the old. & in w/the new" policy, well...so far its going wonderfully!!
__________________
Midnight_Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Merlot View Post
Asked me this question 2 or 3 months ago, &, I would have proudly stood up & declared my undying love for butter & ranch dressiing!!...But, after my gallbladder "eruption", I have had no choice other than to change things or continue down my path of self-destruction....*sniffles...I miss 'ya butter buddy*...Anyhow, now that I am on track for a healthier lifestyle, I would have to vote for olive oil as my new "go-to" condiment. Used properly, it has quite a "bang for its buck", &, has the ability to clean out those hardened arteries & veins that are clogged w/saturated fats...I'm not perfect, but, as far as "out w/the old. & in w/the new" policy, well...so far its going wonderfully!!
Ever try the thing they do in some Italian restaurants? Pour some EVOO in a saucer, add a bit of balsamic vinegar and swirl it. Then dip your bread into it instead of buttering it. That's instead of plain buttered bread.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #55
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Ever try the thing they do in some Italian restaurants? Pour some EVOO in a saucer, add a bit of balsamic vinegar and swirl it. Then dip your bread into it instead of buttering it. That's instead of plain buttered bread.
Glad that you mentioned this tax, because, I have found a way to "amp" it up....soak the bread w/the mixings, then pop it into your oven for around 4-5 min.'s or so, &....Holy Moley - it goes from good to almost an angelic quality!! It is amazing how yummy it gets! :)
__________________
Midnight_Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Merlot View Post
Glad that you mentioned this tax, because, I have found a way to "amp" it up....soak the bread w/the mixings, then pop it into your oven for around 4-5 min.'s or so, &....Holy Moley - it goes from good to almost an angelic quality!! It is amazing how yummy it gets! :)
How hot an oven? I gotta try this.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #57
Senior Cook
 
danbuter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 350
Either Ketchup or Thousand Island dressing.
__________________
danbuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #58
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Finishing salts...I have quite a selection now.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #59
Head Chef
 
mcnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,326
Just fell in love with the Heinz Limited Edition Balsamic Ketchup. <drool>
__________________
Support bacteria. It's the only culture some people have.
mcnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #60
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro New York
Posts: 8,764
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Mustard in general, and Fallot's mustard(s) in particular.
__________________

__________________
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
other

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.