Favorite Condiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Butter - is butter a condiment?

I'm also a huge chutney fan.

Of course butter is a condiment. EVERYThING tastes better with butter. Butter shall conquer the world. You can never have too much butter. Right now there are six pounds of butter in my freezer.

Ooops! Sorry, I had to stop and wipe the drool off my screen. After butter comes garlic. One can never have too much butter or garlic. :chef:

Of course butter is a condiment. EVERYThING tastes better with butter. Butter shall conquer the world. You can never have too much butter. Right now there are six pounds of butter in my freezer.

Ooops! Sorry, I had to stop and wipe the drool off my screen. After butter comes garlic. One can never have too much butter or garlic. :chef:

not much that's better than those two items, but technically, neither would be classified as a Condiment. Just sayin'...

not much that's better than those two items, but technically, neither would be classified as a Condiment. Just sayin'...

A nice big baked potato with a crispy skin topped off with sea salt, a stick of butter and a head of roasted garlic. I just created my favorite condiments. :chef:

Frank's hot sauce is the one I use up quickly. Although, we go through a lot of mayo, but that is homemade, so it probably doesn't count because we make it on an "as needed" basis and add different seasonings depending on why we are making it in the first place. And, never MW. I fed the jar I bought by accident to the chickens.

I really like soy sauce or teriyaki. I'm really happy they came out with a light soy.

Frank's hot sauce is the one I use up quickly. Although, we go through a lot of mayo, but that is homemade, so it probably doesn't count because we make it on an "as needed" basis and add different seasonings depending on why we are making it in the first place. And, never MW. I fed the jar I bought by accident to the chickens.

Egg salad in the makinig. :chef:

i can't really decide on one.

i love ketchup, but i'm also a mustard freak. i have 8 or 10 mustards in the fridge at any given time.

but then there's hot sauces; not the insanely hot ones, but good peppery/vinegary ones.

finally, i can't forget about sweet chilli sauce, blue cheese and ranch dressings, and tsatsiki sauce.

so many condiments, so little time.

Real sriracha (NOT the Hung Fong rooster brand/green top one, blech!) is the greatest. I go with Shark brand sriracha. There are really only two real sriracha brands imported to the US: Shark and Sriraja Panich. They are produced in the town of Sriracha, Thailand. The garbage sold all over America, made in California, with the rooster on the bottle is abysmal in comparison, they're really different.

no mayonnaise said:
Real sriracha (NOT the Hung Fong rooster brand/green top one, blech!) is the greatest. I go with Shark brand sriracha. There are really only two real sriracha brands imported to the US: Shark and Sriraja Panich. They are produced in the town of Sriracha, Thailand. The garbage sold all over America, made in California, with the rooster on the bottle is abysmal in comparison, they're really different.

Huh. Did not know that. I love the rooster stuff, will keep an eye out for the others.

I happen to love the Rooster Brand Sriracha, and have never tried the Shark Brand, but will pick some up to try. I'm sure my Asian Market must carry it. They must have 10 thousand items in their store.

HP sauce, English Mustard,Mint sauce,Horseradish sauce and last but not least Cackalacky sauce.

I went to a little gourmet shop yesterday and splurged on White Truffle Oil - I plan on using it sparingly on fish and vegetables. Have you had the pleasure of trying it? If you bought it, how did you use it? Thanks!

I went to a little gourmet shop yesterday and splurged on White Truffle Oil - I plan on using it sparingly on fish and vegetables. Have you had the pleasure of trying it? If you bought it, how did you use it? Thanks!

I keep some on hand and love the aroma. Try it on some mashed potatoes.

my experience with truffle oil is that it's best added to a dish just before serving, not during cooking. just a drop or two in some sort of sauce or dressing --- the wet part of the dish, so as to disperse the flavor.

my favorite condiments are sweet chili sauce, duke's mayo, tiger sauce, horseradish mayo and freshly made pico de gallo with gobs of cilantro. i don't think i could pick just one ---

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom