Favorite Condiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdthompson

Cook
What is your favorite condiment?

Mine would have to be ranch. You know how everything tastes better with bacon? Everything tastes better with ranch. :chef:

I probably use Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise on more things than any other condiment. That said, I can't name a single favorite. It all depends on what I'm 'condimenting'.

Last edited:
I probably go through mayo the fastest, too. Not that it's my favorite, but it's definitely the most used.

It depends on what I am eating of course. I probably go through more Herdez Salsa Casera Hot than anything. Sour cream is a big favorite, as are Tabasco, mustard, and Miracle Whip. :cool:

Oh yes, on a hot dog, my must have condiments are mustard, sweet pickle relish, and (is it considered a condiment in this case?) chopped onion.

Last edited:
"Try Me" Cajun Hot Sauce, Texas Pete Hot Sauce, Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard...

Sour cream is a condiment? That is definitely my favorite condiment then. I loooove sour cream. Heluva Good of course. Not runny like others.

Sour cream is a condiment? That is definitely my favorite condiment then. I loooove sour cream. Heluva Good of course. Not runny like others.
I don't know if it is technically, but when I plop a big glob of it on something it is behaving like a condiment. :LOL:

Mayo gets used up the quickest, on most sandwiches, and in sandwich salads; but I like salsa for flavor and variety with hamburgers, eggs, added to chili and tacos, etc.

mayo as long as it is not miracle whip.i don't know what that is but it is certainly not mayo.
Miracle Whip is salad dressing. I like it because it is tangier.

Unless, that is, I am eating artichokes. For artichokes it has to be Best Food/Hellman's mayonnaise. That is the only thing I eat mayo on.:cool:

HP sauce, as a Brit this is the one condiment I miss when travelling in uncivilised countries where you cant get it;)
This fine product will also clean tarnished metal and cauterise septic cuts and tanks.

Yes, Miracle Whip is a salad dressing, but people use it like Mayonnaise. I don't think I'd like it on salad either.

Depends on the ethnicity of the meal. For what most folks in the US consider condiments to be, Miracle Whip is my choice for sandwiches. Yellow mustard on my chili dog, creole mustard on my fried andouille. Ketsup has a place on some burgers, just depends on the theme.

Craig

I'm a hot sauce guy, too. I usually have a few kinds on the go for different applications. I've got Sambal olek, Louisiana style, Scotch Bonnet, Flambeau, West Indian, sauce in my fridge. I have about 4 or 5 assorted bottles in the pantry. At one point I collected them and I have about 40 bottles in the basement in a box that I used to keep on a little shelf before I started to renovate my kitchen. I may mount it again if I have room.

Last edited:
Yes, Miracle Whip is a salad dressing, but people use it like Mayonnaise. I don't think I'd like it on salad either.

What Pacanis said.

If I want the "zing" of Miracle Whip, I just add some cider vinegar. I don't like the sweetness of MW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom