Favorite store-bought condiment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch1719

Assistant Cook
What's your favorite store-bought sauce/vinaigrette/condiment that you can use for just about anything? Grilled pork, roasted veggies, steamed fish; you get the idea!

Sounds like this could be two different questions. Favorite condiment and most versatile condiment.

If there was just one, It'd be Hellmann's Mayonnaise hands down. In this case, it's probably the most versatile as well because I use it on sandwiches, in salads such as chicken, tuna, potato and pasta and as a base for aiolis mixing it with sriracha, chipotles, etc.

Not to hijack the thread, but this is something I have been thinking about.
Anyone make their own ""Zac" sauce?

I love the stuff and get as many little packs that come with the meal. They also sell them for .25 cents.
I buy 4 each time I go. Would like to learn the recipe or ingredient list.

Sounds like this could be two different questions. Favorite condiment and most versatile condiment.

If there was just one, It'd be Hellmann's Mayonnaise hands down. In this case, it's probably the most versatile as well because I use it on sandwiches, in salads such as chicken, tuna, potato and pasta and as a base for aiolis mixing it with sriracha, chipotles, etc.

+1.... (Best Foods in the west)

I would have to say Mayonnaise for the same reasons as Andy: Shrimp salad, tuna salad, chicken salad etcetra .. I buy a Spanish Brand called Ligeresa .. or the Hellman´s, I buy, which is manufactured in Holland ..

I like Hellmann's too. I don't get all the fuss about Dukes.

There aren't many store-bought condiments I like. Hellman's pales in comparison to homemade mayo.

I guess if I have to choose something it would be Cholula's Chiptole sauce. That stuff is pretty good!

In my family it would have to be Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for the same reasons listed by Andy and Sagittarius. I mixed up a can of tuna one day and Pirate fell in love with it over mayo. I mentioned it to Spike, so he tried it. New convert. Even my daughter.

Best Foods/Hellmanns is also my choice by far. I special ordered 3 jars of Duke's once after reading all the hoopla about it and I couldn't even finish the first jar after being spoiled to Best Foods. I may as well throw out the other two jars.

If I had to choose one - balsamic vinegar. Fish, salad dressing, green beans, spinach, sauce for fruit.... I use it a lot.

Ted's hot dog sauce and Weber's horseradish mustard.

417CZkkmO3L.jpg

webers_horseradishmustard_16oz.jpg

Last edited:
Best Foods/Hellmanns is also my choice by far. I special ordered 3 jars of Duke's once after reading all the hoopla about it and I couldn't even finish the first jar after being spoiled to Best Foods. I may as well throw out the other two jars.
You could give them to a food bank. A lot of people like it [emoji2]

I have a jar of Best Foods Mayonnaise in the `fridge for everyday sort of uses, BUT!
If I want the mayo front and center, it's
Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise, it has a for superior umami flavor
than western mayo (I haven't gotten a chance to try making my own mayo yet Steve, but I will)

004.jpg

003.jpg

I ordered it online from of all places, Walmart and pick it up at the store for no S&H charge.

Mayo is what I use more than any other condiment. I'm not picky about the brand.

I have about five different kinds of mustard in the fridge, for different applications. Same goes for hot sauce, for the same reason.

I only eat ketchup on fries or tater tots. I only use BBQ sauce on bad BBQ (it's a Texas thing).

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom