HP/Brown sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this HP sauce talk. My father might fly out next month, I'll haave to get him to bring us some.....I am so easily influenced!

never thought of using it in the wok, thanks nybrit!

my favourite way of using it is on a local version of a philly cheesesteak hero called a balboa.

it's a toasted, buttered garlic bread, topped with thick slices of italian roast beef, raw onions, lots of chef's or hp sauce, and american cheese. then the cheese is melted under the broiler, and away you go.

seriously, go away. far away from people because your breath is gonna stink! :chef:

Oh wow!!!!!!! Ive managed to find a bottle of HP in Moscow!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your recipes for making a homemade version though because they might come in handy if they ever run out here.

Hey how's Mocow, nowadays anyway? I hate that city, but I love it. Haven't been since before the fall of the Soviet Union. Would be interesting to see it now.

Well im new to Moscow anyway, moved here in August from UK and as far as im concerned i love it but i cant speak for how different it is from USSR times. Food here is great but can be difficult cooking recipes im used to when you cant track down the ingredients but this forum is helping me:)

I would say Moscow is deffinetly worth a visit if you havent been here for so long and this winter, being my first winter has been the mildest since, ermmmm well some 100 years or so!!!

Lucky you. Last year the winter was so cold public transportation was shut down for couple-few days. It was like the coldest winter in a long time.
I do have plans to visit, just don't know when or how. First, I'd like to visit Kiev, my favorite city. The old joke is that Moscow is a big bazaar, Leningrad (Petersburg, whatever it is called nowadays) is a big museum and Kiev is a city where person can actually live. :)

lulu said:
All this HP sauce talk. My father might fly out next month, I'll haave to get him to bring us some.....I am so easily influenced!

No need if you have a Stop and Shop near you. They sell it there look for the English section of foods and you should find it.

Back
Top Bottom