Ideas to use up homemade mayo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I made a good 2 cups of homemade mayo. Used a lot of it for a homemade potatoe salad that I made. Any ideas on how to use up the mayo. It only lasts a few days and it's not like my family likes to eat mayo by the spoonfuls. : )

Reason I don't make homemade mayo very often.

Honey You're Good Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs vinegar
1 Tbs soy sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1. Combine all ingredients and mix until blended.

2. Serve over broiled chicken or as a dip for vegetables.

Servings: 8
Yield: 1 cup

Prep Time:: 15 minutes

Web Page: Honey.com - The National Honey Board | Home

--------------------------------
Baked Parmesan Chicken Thighs

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 lbs fresh boneless, skinless chicken thigh cutlets
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

2. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.

3. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place in a single layer in a 8-inch square baking dish.

4. Generously spread with sauce and bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Serve warm.

Servings: 6

Prep Time:: 10 minutes
Cook Time:: 20 minutes

Web Page: Healthy Recipes & Easy Meal Solutions | Nestlé Meals.com

If you only made two cups, and already used it to make potato salad, you can't have all that much left over. Why not just add some herbs and seasonings and use it for green salad dressing? If you eat green salad like we do, it will be gone in no time.

Egg Salad Sandwiches uses a lot of mayo and Deviled Eggs too. Good for you making mayo from scratch...i've never attempted that. Does it taste much better than the kind in a jar?

I just adore egg mayo sandwiches!

Try mixing canned tuna with your mayo as it goes ever so well. A little chopped fresh parsley helps brighten things up a bit, or snipped chives.

Could make tuna and mayo sandwiches using thick crusty brown wholemeal bread and a few sliced tomatoes if you have a glut.

Mix it with sweet pickle relish and Ketchup, and make Thousand Island Dressing.

Egg Salad Sandwiches uses a lot of mayo and Deviled Eggs too. Good for you making mayo from scratch...i've never attempted that. Does it taste much better than the kind in a jar?

it's definetely a different experience. I notice on the potatoe salad, after being in the refrigerator for 2 days, it didn't look and taste all dried out as if it needed more mayo. Still just as fresh as when I made it. I actually just looked at it and it's a lot firmer and colder than it was obviously right after I made it "the mayo that is".

By now I'm sure it's gone, but mayo (home made or otherwise) makes a good sub for egg wash before breading or otherwise treating meats. Dredge fish though mayo before putting on the grill; dredge thin sliced meats through it before breading and sauteeing thin cut meats for snitzels.

Imagine this: you make an egg salad sandwich. You mix it with that lovely homemade mayo you made and you mix in one avocado. You put some tender touches of salt, pepper, and paprika. You continue on and toast up some corn tortillas on a pan. Mean while - you cut up a few slices of some peppers, you take out a few slices of some pre-made store bought bacon, cut some chives and lastly, you cut a slice from a juicy tomato. You layer it.

1. tortilla
2. egg salad
3. tomatoes
4. peppers/chives
5. bacon

You top it off with just a dab of ranch dressing. You eat it.

YUMMMMMM

I also used some of it on my hair. Put it on dry - rubbed it all in. Let sit for a bit and showered/shampooed. ; )

I made a good 2 cups of homemade mayo. Used a lot of it for a homemade potatoe salad that I made. Any ideas on how to use up the mayo. It only lasts a few days and it's not like my family likes to eat mayo by the spoonfuls. : )

Reason I don't make homemade mayo very often.

In my experience homemade mayo will keep longer than you think, especially if you store it in a glass jar. I make it often. So much tastier than the jarred stuff, plus you can customize the flavor to suit what you're using it for.

But if you're looking for a delicious splurge, how about getting some lobster meat and making some end-of-summer lobster rolls? They really benefit from homemade mayo, I think, Actually so does even plain old tuna salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom