ISO - Honey butter recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It largely depends on the honey, and your taste. If you google for honey butter recipes you will see that they range anywhere from 1:1, 2:1, 1:2 (by volume) - and somewhere inbetween. I generally start with 1:2 (honey to butter) and adjust it according to taste. But, I have had some honey that was so mildly flavored that in order to get the honey flavor to balance with the butter I had to go with a 4:1 ratio.

I realize this may sound like a flippant answer - but it's not intended to be that way. I can buy the same brand, or get raw honey from the same local beekeeper, and the flavor changes from year to year. It really is a matter of taste.

Jess's TNT honey butter recipe

This is my TNT sweet honey butter recipe.

This lovely, simple butter is a joy on your favourite bread, scones, muffins, or used as the butter in crumble toping.

Sweet Honey Butter

1 cup of butter (unsalted), at or close to room temperature

200 grams of liquid honey

1-2 tsp cinnamon (or more if, like myself, you love cinnamon)

Simply combine the three ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat by hand, or with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover and store in the fridge for up to a month. (Perhaps longer, mine never lasts that long though!)

Makes about 1 1/3 cups of honey butter

Hi Vilas and welcome! Here is my recipe. I actually add more confectioners sugar and honey then the recipe calls for....just to suite my tastebuds on the particular day I make it....theres days I like it even sweeter.

1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup honey

Blend together and store in an air tight container.

Enjoy!
Sizz

Mmmm, thanks for posting this one. I've always wanted to make this at home for our homemade rolls.

Dina

Back
Top Bottom