Kadesma's Bread and Butter Pickles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefJune

Master Chef
I made these pickles this weekend, and they came out so well I just had to share!

Here's a picture of them with the Tuna Salad Sandwich I made to go with them.

I am VERY glad there are more pickles to enjoy. Thanks, Kadesma. I no longer live in fear of pickles! :chef:

Attachments

• PicklesWSandwich.jpg
    PicklesWSandwich.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 307
I copied this from the pm Kadesma sent me:

Easy refrigerator pickles
My family really enjoy these, but we have learned to go easy the first several bites. They tend to make you cough:LOL: But after the first few bites it's hard to stop eating them.
6c. thinly sliced cucumbers
2c.thinly sliced sweet onions
1-1/2c. sugar
1-1/2c.cider vinegar, the first batch I made I ran out of cider, vinegar, so I added white and rice wine vinegr..turned out just fine
1/2 tea. salt,1/2 tea each mustard seed,celery seed,ground tumeric,and ground coves. I was temped to leave out the cloves, but added them and I'm glad I did..It gave the pickles just that right taste.
Sorry I didn't get this to you earlier today, but my husband and I went to a place called Phil's in Moss Landing for fish..Little did I know Bobby Flay had been there and challenged him to a throw down:ROFLMAO:
Hope this works for you
You place the cucumbers and onions in a large bowl and set aside.Combine the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir til sugar dissolves..Pour over cucumbers and onion mix. let cool a bit then cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours..Then enjoy.
cj

The pickles look/sound delicious, but I want that sammich!!!!!!!;)

It's Tuna Salad Sandwich, Uncle Bob...

1 6-ounce can imported olive-oil packed light tuna (Cento brand this time)
2 stalks celery, diced
about 3 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon nonpareil Capers
salt and pepper to taste.

Blend all and spread generously on a poppy seed Kaiser roll. top with Romaine lettuce.

I made these pickles this weekend, and they came out so well I just had to share!

Here's a picture of them with the Tuna Salad Sandwich I made to go with them.

I am VERY glad there are more pickles to enjoy. Thanks, Kadesma. I no longer live in fear of pickles! :chef:
June, your picture makes me want to go make somemore pickles. That sandwich is lucious looking and dinner tonight will use the rest of the pickles and some of the Tuna from Portugal I just picked up.
I am so pleased you liked the recipe.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom