Ketchup/Catsup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That dish better be on fire then. :sick:

LOL I was thinking the same thing, I can't hack runny whites I get very very very sick to my stomach if I eat them!:sick::sick:

But, if it cooks up all the way (including the top of the egg), then it would be interesting to try it out!

We had some friends come in from Adelaide, Australia last fall. It's amazing how many definition problems we had. We did go to Ed Debevics and they did ask for tomato sauce on their hamburgers. Luckily the waitress focused on their accents long enough for us to clarify that tom sauce was ketchup.

One other funny thing, the hubby (who we didn't really chat up online) thought that all we drank was watery beer (Lite from Miller) and all we ate was frozen dinners!! (ie Swansons) Americans really have a bad rep in this world.

Spaghetti or Pasta Sauce mainly because they have other ingredients/spices in them besides just tomato sauce.

and of course don't confuse Catsup with Ketchup. :chef:

Hot enough to boil a monkeys' bum. (my favorite phrase ever said with an Aussie accent.

I call Ketchup/Catsup (don't care how you spell it) the scourge of Western cuisine.

There hasn't been a bottle of that accursed stuff in my fridge in years.

Occasionally, I'll make a mop sauce I usually apply to ribs when people complain about no ketchup at grilling session - It's a simple preparation of tomato paste, brown sugar, molasses, and cider vinegar. Tastes way better than Katschup, much better for you than that bottled crap.

Back
Top Bottom