Lea & Perrins White Worcestershire Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
Has anyone seen this in your grocery store? I went to the Lea & Perrins web site and there is no mention of it, Google shows it was introduced in 2005, I thought that I had bought some in the mid-80's and that it was very pale, almost white. I seem to remember the label as being green. Did they have another sauce that was discontinued or is it time for me to check myself into a rubber room?

I haven't seen it lately, but then, I haven't been looking for it.

They sent me some to try when it first came out. I'd rather have the regular stuff.

i saw the two side by side somewhere, paper, mag. don't remember. haven't seen in store, so no clue what it tastes like. sorry:neutral:

babe as i am sure u did, i went to site. don't see it there but they did show one made with white wine for chicken and fish. i sent an email
asking if they still make the white one, that was launched in 2006. will let u know or u can go to site and hit contact us button.

babe

Last edited:
I remember the white one. I know I've tried it, but it seems like it was longer ago than 2005. I was thinking maybe 90s. It didn't taste very similar. It was designed to be a good ingredient in chicken dishes and I think it was good in those.

I remember it, too. It WAS marketed for chicken and fish...lighter and smoother.
It went away about the same time their BBQ sauce did.
Never tried it.

Found it! It has been renamed to "Marinade for Chicken". Unfortunately, it contains high fructose corn syrup, as does L&P's current recipe Worcestershire sauce. I won't be getting any.

BTW, my link does not constitute a recommendation for the online store linked. I have never done business with the store linked and know nothing of them except that their website included handy information like an ingredient list, which many online shops do not provide.

Russ

Thanks for saving my sanity, Wagmans by the way, from what I have heard is is very customer orientated store, very much like Nordstrom. I am glad others had seen it earlier then 2006, that was the part that made think I was in the twilight zone. From what I remember it added a pleasant background flavor to chicken dishes, though I don't remember using it as a marinade. Thanks

We can buy a Lee & Perrins white sauce here in Mexico that is called "crushed garlic sauce". Says on the label (I have a bottle in my fridge) that it is produced in England and imported into Mexico. Ingredients include sunflower oil, garlic, water, salt, sugar, vinegar, and a bunch of emulsifers, etc. whose names I cannot translate. But I don't think I have actually used it much....only in marinades.

I was going to make salmon cakes and the recipe calls for the white Worcestershire sauce and I couldn't find it in the supermarket. Wonder what happened to it?

I have been looking for this as well. I think i will call the company

Let me know if you find this white worchestershire sauce. WE used to buy it all the time and now I can't find it

My mom has a bottle of it in her fridge...I have used it for chicken and fish when I've been there. I haven't looked for it here in Canada...I'll check for it the next time I hit the store.

We liked their steak sauce. It was thicker than A1 and great on burgers and sandwiches. We can't find that anymore and don't see it on their website either.

Back
Top Bottom