Mayo prep questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't make homemade mayo, Charlie, but I think a blender works better than a food processor. You need that vortex action that draws the mix down and around to blend it the right way. I THINK. What you really need is someone who KNOWS what they are talking about. Figured if I added something wrong we could call a knowing person out of the shadows. ;)
Many years ago I used to use a recipe for making mayo with an electric hand mixer. A lot easier that all that beating with a wooden spoon of hand whisk. I haven't tried it in the FP. I don't need that much at any one time.

The Swiss immersion blender "Bamix" can make a very fast mayo - the demo on television shows everything slung into the goblet together and whizzed with the Bamix. Oddly enough it works but I wouldn't try it with any other machinery.

I don't make it any longer, what with the salmonella/raw eggs panic of a few years ago and the government advice to refrain from anything containing raw egg if you are elderly. I use Hellman's or Aldi's version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom