Seasonings you have handy at your stove.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I was cleaning off my stove and realized that I had a number of seasonings sitting atop of my stove and wondered why I keep some handy and not others.

Here is what I have handy:

regular Salt
regular ground pepper
Tillicherry Pepper Grinder
Sea Salt Grinder
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning
Konriko Creole Seasoning
Konriko Jalapeno Seasoning
Nature's Seasoning
Season All
Garlic Pepper

That is a ton of stuff! What do you have sitting on or near your stove?

I left one off.... Montreal Steak Seasoning!

Last edited:
the coffee pot!!

I keep nothing around the stove, too hot and humid. All seasonings are kept on the other side of the kitchen in a cupboard.

Seasonings and spices should never be kept near the stove. The heat destroys the potency and freshness and can completely alter the taste. Keep spices and seasonings in a cool, dark place or drawer several feet from your stove. I too practice mis in place when I cook so all the spices I need are brought to the counter or the stove.

I have an empty powdered sugar and a flour shaker from the 40's made out of green glass, with tin shaker top, 8oz. ea. They are for decoration. They remind me of grandma meals. Then a maybe 3 oz. salt shaker with alittle rice mixed in and a pepper mill for last minute add ins. The rest are kept in a draw and cabinet, with my oils and vinegars.

Everything is handy, sattie. My spice cabinet is above my stove.
I keep a regular s & p shaker set on a shelf next to the stove, and my kosher salt and pepper grinder are on the counter where I prepare the food... errr, around the corner if you all remember I have the "standalone stove" :rolleyes:
I have to take my spices to the food prep counter spot, but they are all available if I want to season something while it's cooking.

On top of the stove I just have two things....a bowl of kosher salt and a bowl of ground pepper. Both have small scoops in them.

Now, since I live in a house that is close to a hundred years old, and the kitchen was designed by the good people of Lilliput, the cabinet is just two steps away. In there I have some Zatarain's creole mix, Tony Chachere's cajun spice, some Old Bay, dry mustard, sea salt, a pepper mill, whole nutmeg, cumin, cayenne and saffron.

I have a salt cellar with kosher salt in it and pepper mill with a medley of peppers . Other spices are in a cabinet next to the stove.

me too. just salt and pepper grinders.

everything else is on a lazy susan in a cabinet just one step to the right.

I have a wood lazy Susan next to the stove with a salt pig; pepper grinder; plain, basil, and roasted garlic olive oil bottles; and strawberry-balsamic, balsamic and red wine vinegar bottles. Other frequently used herbs and spices are in a cabinet to the left of the stove, and baking spices are in a cabinet on the other side, or in a recycled holiday popcorn tin, along with other baking items such as baking soda, baking powder, sifter, candy sprinkles, etc. I don't bake a lot, so it helps me to keep most of my baking stuff together in the tin.

Just salt and pepper. I hide the spice rack in the cupboard near the stove. We had way too many things on the counter already! =)

All of my spices/herbs/seasonings are in the cabinet just to the left of the stove. This keeps the kids out of my salt (they like to dump it).

the coffee pot!!

I keep nothing around the stove, too hot and humid. All seasonings are kept on the other side of the kitchen in a cupboard.

Same here beth. All my seasonings are in the pantry in a two-tiered carousel. I had them out on the counter, & the aroma was lovely, but inside of a month they lost their zing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom