Spicy Sour Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
This is a simple topping/dip I like with quesadillas.

Ingredients
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic (I use a microplane)
1 chipotle chili minced (from can of chipotle in adobo)
1 Tbsp adobo sauce or to taste
1/2 Tbsp honey (agave syrup would work)
Squeeze of lime juice

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until flavors meld, about an hour. You can adjust ingredient amounts to your taste. Enjoy!:yum:

This is a simple topping/dip I like with quesadillas.

Ingredients
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic (I use a microplane)
1 chipotle chili minced (from can of chipotle in adobo)
1 Tbsp adobo sauce or to taste
1/2 Tbsp honey (agave syrup would work)
Squeeze of lime juice

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until flavors meld, about an hour. You can adjust ingredient amounts to your taste. Enjoy!:yum:
I do s/thing similar with either Greek or Balkan yogurt, only I leave out the sweetener.

I like green bits in and on tops o' things. Snip green onion, just the tops, or jalapeno peppers minced or serrano discs. I am not too careful taking out all the seeds when slicing them up. A mouth surprise. I don't do so well with red things, always remove the pimento in stuffed olives before eating them.

I could see drizzling a small am't of liquiidy warm golden honey across the top of the sour cream for an added mouth surprise to land on my tongue long about the time I get a hot pepper bite.

I like green bits in and on tops o' things. Snip green onion, just the tops, or jalapeno peppers minced or serrano discs. I am not too careful taking out all the seeds when slicing them up. A mouth surprise. I don't do so well with red things, always remove the pimento in stuffed olives before eating them.

I could see drizzling a small am't of liquiidy warm golden honey across the top of the sour cream for an added mouth surprise to land on my tongue long about the time I get a hot pepper bite.

I like fresh chilis as well. You just can't get that unique smokiness from fresh chilis.;)

I tried this sauce last night and it was good.

I used two chipotle chilis and left out the honey.

This sauce would be really good on beef or chicken tacos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom