Vanilla and saffron

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gretchen

Washing Up
I don't know how I found this site but did and after pondering on price and quality decided to take the plunge for a comparatively small amount of money.
My vanilla beans and saffron arrived yesterday and I am quite pleased. The beans are beautiful--long, slender, soft and pliable, very fragrant. The saffron is also long, brilliantly colored and fragrant.
I stopped at my health/bulk food store last night and vanilla beans were $3.79 each. I have about $370 worth!!

Just an FYI for anyone else.

http://www.saffron.com/

I have since heard from another person that they have been very pleased with this source also. Always feels better to have corroboration.

Great site! Glad they sell the beans in smaller quantities than a pound, tho. I couldn't use a pound fast enough to keep 'em moist and plump! :)

Great link. I would like to order the one ounce saffron powder but they don't deliver to Asia ...

I wouldn't have ordered a pound either except I am going to give them away for Christmas.

Gretchen said:
I don't know how I found this site but did and after pondering on price and quality decided to take the plunge for a comparatively small amount of money.
My vanilla beans and saffron arrived yesterday and I am quite pleased. The beans are beautiful--long, slender, soft and pliable, very fragrant. The saffron is also long, brilliantly colored and fragrant.
I stopped at my health/bulk food store last night and vanilla beans were $3.79 each. I have about $370 worth!!

Just an FYI for anyone else.

http://www.saffron.com/

Thank you for the link, Gretchen. Curious about the saffron. Presuming you purchased the threads (rather than the powder). Please let us know quality/taste results. Saffron is very expensive here, and kept under lock and key. Also curious, is there an expiration date? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I bought an ounce of the saffron from that site and I love it. I still have quite a bit and gave alot to my my sister and DIL. I was desperately waiting for it to arrive because I wasn't going to pay $10 for 3 pitiful little threads in a glass container....it just wasn't right. So the box arrived, I was having a dinner in a couple nights so I had been fretting about it. Mr HB opened the box and asked why I had purchased a bar of saffron soap. I screeched that they had filled the wrong order and I was going to have them overnight the saffron to me.

Of course, he was kidding...I didn't realize that I would receive a free soap, too. :LOL:

An ounce is alot of saffron.

I was worried about ordering there since I had no idea of the quality but it's wonderful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom