What kind of special sauce do you use on a Veggie Burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mozart

Senior Cook
Hi:
Having Veggie burgers tonight (the Original Gardenburger) and I'm looking for a condiment to kick it up a notch in flavor. Not looking for hot spicy, just something to compliment the sandwich. I will be putting sliced avocado, tomato, onion, pickles (sweet) and lettuce.

Perhaps something to add to mayo would be right. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2.5 -3 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon dijon mustard or spicy brown
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish (more if you like horseradish)

Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

Last edited:
I had roasted red pepper salsa on my veggie burger yesterday. Today I had pesto. Hummus would also be tasty.

Definitely not McDonald's special sauce! I am kinda boring I just put BBQ sauce on it, but if I am feeling kinda adventurous I might put on a Szechwan sauce or oriental sauce, maybe a Terriyaki style sauce.

Thanks all.

Some good suggestions. I'll have to see what I have available in the kitchen before I decide.

French's GourMayo Wasabi mayo is really good!! I used it on some Asian style turkey burgers I made recently and it was yummy.

Aioli, mustard and cranberry and caramelised onion relish. Put the mustard on the bun that the veggie burger sits on, some of the relish on top of the burger and aioli on top of the tomatoes.

I like to sprinkle it with a little soy sauce before cooking. Add some grilled onions and wasabi mayo.

What special item do I use on my veggie burgers? hmmmm....oh, I know:

Cow. Cause the only veg on MY burgers are tomatoes, lettuce, and maybe an onion ring.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

I know someone who eats those things (I refuse to allow such items into my house), and I know he likes putting a horseradish mustard on them.

You already got the avocados on there, but I remember when I was in atlanta a year ago, I had a Veggie Burger with guacamole on it, lettuce , and a relish made from chopped onions, peppers and tomatoes. It was very very good. And if u want the heat, toss some jalepenos in the guac.

Back
Top Bottom