What's in your refrigerator door?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: the mole sauce (it does last a long time), I like adding a bit of it to chicken enchiladas or turkey enchiladas or if I use ground turkey in chili instead of ground beef.

Here's a link to a pork chili and bean chili mole recipe that I made a couple of times using the mole paste because I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate. Another time I made it with cocoa.

Recipe Details

Here's a link to a pork chili and bean chili mole recipe that I made a couple of times using the mole paste because I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate. Another time I made it with cocoa.

Recipe Details

That looks delicious. I'll be making that chili for sure.
I bought some molé for some grilled shrimp enchiladas I made a little while ago. I used some more when I made some quesadillas, but that really didn't cut into that jar at all. That chili will be perfect for using more up.

That looks delicious. I'll be making that chili for sure.
I bought some molé for some grilled shrimp enchiladas I made a little while ago. I used some more when I made some quesadillas, but that really didn't cut into that jar at all. That chili will be perfect for using more up.

I used black beans one time instead of the kidney beans and tossed in some garbanzo beans (I always have frozen garbanzo beans--love 'em).

I usually add some corn and a pinch of cinnamon to the pork and beans chili mole (when I add the beans). And, I usually put the mushrooms in about 5-7 minutes before serving. And, top with cilantro, green onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese and a dollop of guacamole when serving.

this thread has been useful to me. i checked the door and throw away stuff that was way out of date.

Me too Babe. I also found that I had 3 bottles of green taco sauce, and each were 3/4 empty. Combined them all into one, so now I have room for new stuff I'd like to try from others fridge doors. By the way, I used the trick with an empty toilet paper roll to balance the bottles when stacking the bottles on top of each other. ;)

Me too Babe. I also found that I had 3 bottles of green taco sauce, and each were 3/4 empty. Combined them all into one, so now I have room for new stuff I'd like to try from others fridge doors. By the way, I used the trick with an empty toilet paper roll to balance the bottles when stacking the bottles on top of each other. ;)

I'm getting a really weird picture here.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Can you 'splain me?:ermm:

I'm getting a really weird picture here.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Can you 'splain me?:ermm:
Probably putting the tube over the bottom bottles neck and then sticking the top bottle neck down into the tube so the top bottle will line up and drain easier.

Probably putting the tube over the bottom bottles neck and then sticking the top bottle neck down into the tube so the top bottle will line up and drain easier.

My guess is slipping the tube over the bottom bottle or jar and then setting another small bottle or jar on top of the first, so you can double stack them. Like two small bottles of tobasco, or chili pastes, which I just happen to have taking up a lot of shelf space. You reduce their footprint. That's just a guess though, as I've never heard of it before. :)

Oh, I was thinking something like storing in the fridge and couldn't make it work in my mind.

Thanks, makes sense now.:LOL:

My guess is slipping the tube over the bottom bottle or jar and then setting another small bottle or jar on top of the first, so you can double stack them. Like two small bottles of tobasco, or chili pastes, which I just happen to have taking up a lot of shelf space. You reduce their footprint. That's just a guess though, as I've never heard of it before. :)
We will have to wait and see the answer but as she was talking about combining 3 bottles into one I think it's for draining the bottles with the least fuss and muss. BUT I can be wrong.

Draining bottles...have to do that in the bathroom soon...have three bottles of shampoo to reduce.

**ding ding ding** ;) MsM is right and did a better job of explaining than I did.

The tube also prevents the top bottle from falling over. Works great.

**ding ding ding** ;) MsM is right and did a better job of explaining than I did.

The tube also prevents the top bottle from falling over. Works great.
I have never tried that but will in the future. I see commercials for a brand of TP that now doesn't have a tube at all. What will you do when they all convert? LOL Cut down paper towel tubes I guess??!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I do that tube trick for bottles of salad dressing, no matter the flavors. In fact, when they are half empty, I like the combo of Ranch and Blue Cheese dressing mixed together, better than either of them alone. Saves shelf room too.

Back
Top Bottom