"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #41
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

As a baker that oven makes my heart go pitter pat!

Beautiful! I really love wall ovens, I grew up with one in my mom's house and I just really love them, can't wait until I can have one of my own! I like being more at eye level with the food, and when I first moved away and started using a range, I'd burn the tops of my arms!

I see it has a proof function too, mine does and it works really well, I use it just about every time I bake bread.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yay! Congrats, Greg!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #43
Master Chef

Congratulations!!! They're very nice...:)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #44
Executive Chef

So anyway I'm going to start up a pool so that sympathetic DC members can help me pay for this stuff...

I'll let you know how the installation works out. And of course I'll post pictures sometime soon. I hope they get it done tomorrow but I'm sure if not it will be within the next few days.

I still have a problem of the hood. I have a cheapo recirculating model (probably GE) and I'm told I'll need a pretty big duct to get the hot air outside. I'll have to through a couple other cabinets to reach the side of the house... Apparently not having a good hood is not s show stopper, although I probably won't be able to turn all the burners up all the way. Not that I would ever need that.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #45
Certified Pretend Chef

The best thing I ever did was put in a hood that vents to the outside. They can be ducted to go over the tops of the cabinets to an outside wall. Make sure you get one that has more air moving power than you think you need. The more CFM the better. A quiet fan is nice too.

You will turn the burners up all the way. That's why you bought a stovetop with a 15K BTU burner.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Love your new toys Greg! Congrats! I hope you enjoy them for many years!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The best thing I ever did was put in a hood that vents to the outside. They can be ducted to go over the tops of the cabinets to an outside wall. Make sure you get one that has more air moving power than you think you need. The more CFM the better. A quiet fan is nice too.

You will turn the burners up all the way. That's why you bought a stovetop with a 15K BTU burner.
And if something starts to smoke, you can get the smoke out of the house fast. Sometimes fast enough that smoke detectors don't start howling.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:

I've been thinking this thing over and I didn't mean to give the impression of being casual about it. It's just today and for a while I'll have to make do with the old hood, but I've been thinking.

The kitchen has a 9' ceiling and the cabinet tops are 8' up, so in theory I could go over but that would be very unsightly. My closet is directly above (and the vent would be right in the corner) but that too would present an unsightly appearance going between cabinet and ceiling.

In the end there's only one way to add an exterior vent: I gotta lose the top shelf on the cabinet between the cabinet above the vent and the exterior wall. I'm not very happy about that because I don't have a lot of space but I guess the top shelf of that cabinet is going to have to go.

By the way, they're installing it *RIGHT* now! They've been here about 90 minutes and they just slid in the oven. The cooktop is still in the truck but I'm pretty sure they'll be bringing it in shortly. In fact they'll probably be done and gone before an hour more.

Now my biggest problem: What to cook tonight? Somehow hamburgers just doesn't cut it.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #49
Certified Pretend Chef

Greg, if the space between the ceiling and the top of the cabinet is open, you can run the vet pipe across the top of the cabinet then cover the space with a panel the extends the face of the cabinet to the ceiling. Sort of like the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen-Cabinet-Colors.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	18396  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thumbs up

Quote:
Greg, if the space between the ceiling and the top of the cabinet is open, you can run the vet pipe across the top of the cabinet then cover the space with a panel the extends the face of the cabinet to the ceiling. Sort of like the picture below.
That's what I was thinking, but you described it better than I would have and even furnished a photo to further comprehension.

Tags
cook