32" wide refrigerator help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcgator

Cook
We've been looking to replace our refrigerator, but seems options are few for a 32" wide space most are 36 and above. Any ideas for a good reliable store to shop from? :wacko:

Sears has the best variety of brands and sizes. Lowes and Home Depot have good selections as well.

I bought a 32½ inch Maytag refrigerator from Home Depot last year. Mine is stainless, but it was also available in white or black. If your space is exactly 32 inches, you might want to make sure you have some Crisco before they deliver the fridge.

Another thing I've discovered is that often a 32" fridge needs a bigger space so you can open the door. This is an issue if the fridge goes into a space in a corner. The wall on one side eliminates the space you'd normally have for a door to swing open.

If you order from Sears and you need to have left side hinges (most single doors are reversible) you need to be sure to tell them at order time, and confirm. They default to right side hinges and the guy that delivers and puts it in place will NOT reverse the door. We had a bit of an argument over this, until I called customer service and they had to tell him to reverse it as it was on the order.

Or if worse comes to worse it's almost child's play to reverse it yourself. I've done it 2-3 times with Sears refrigerators and it takes only simple tools and 30-45 minutes of labor even without experience. Of course easiest way of all to reverse the doors is to get them to do it. :)

I am sure it isn't difficult, however I did order it a certain way. And I don't like surly delivery guys. :)

I ordered a clothes washer from Sears and it arrived with a small blemish. I took a pic of it and called their customer service and the lady didn't even need to see the pics. I received a $60 gift certificate from Sears, absolutely no questions asked. While Sears products are highly rated, their salesman practices border on shifty. The salesman told me installation of a Kenmore dishwasher was included in the price. It wasn't. With how I got hosed, I will probably request a $60 blemish certificate on every future Sears appliance delivery. Two can play that game.

Last edited:
I have read so many nightmare stories of botched sears deliveries lately that I just go to Lowe's when I need an appliance. I understand that nobody's perfect but they really need to step up their game. I would shop at Sears in a hot minute if I could trust their service, but even buying something online and having it shipped to the store was a nightmare for me (had to go back 3 days in a row to try to get it, when it was there on day 1).

I didn't even consider them when I was HVAC shopping.

You can get a "Kenmore" just about anywhere, they just rebrand major manufacturer's goods.

Back
Top Bottom