"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 05-20-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

A question on a kenwood mixer Km270

Hello!

I found this site in searching for the information about the mixer I've just bought.
I bought a kenwood patissier km270 (400watt/1000watt max locked power/with a whisk, a beater, and a dough hook) at a good price, but in the manual I could only find the recipes on cakes, pastries, and cookies. So I doubted if it had enough motor power to knead the bread dough. I found out in a forum here that a mixer with motor power less than around 350 watt doesn't perform the kneading of stiff dough satisfactorily. I'm now wondering if I should refund it.

ps. 1. I can't understand the meaning of "1000watt max locked power", either.
2. In the manual, it says that whilst the dough is being mixed with a dough hook, the operation should take no longer than 5 minutes. Isn't it too short to knead a dough or is it enough?

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Hi
We use a Kenwood mixer for our bread making and it works well and it does only knead 5 mins to knead. If you look in the manual there should a section that gives some advice on maximum capacities for all the different doughs. In the manual I just read for the KM 275, it is just below the section you quoted.

Sorry I don/t know what the locked power means.