A "smaller" food proc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
It's just DH and myself most of the time - the kids aren't home that often - and my Regal La Machine died. I have a $100 Macy's gift card and I think I want a 7 cup Cuisinart, not the 11 or 14 cup, which I'm afraid will be overkill for us.

If they don't have it, I might go Black and Decker that they have at BBB. (Course I'll have to pay for it ...)

Has anyone tried the combo Blender/small food proc. that I see, from Kitchen Aid (iirc) ?

i have an 11(?) cup Kitchenaid processor that has a small bowl attachment. If you have a big job to do, you pull the small bowl out of the big bowl, and put in the blades for the larger bowl. I love it--I am cooking for myself most of the time, but do a lot of tomato processing in the summer, for canning.

I don't have the book handy, so I don't know what model it is.

Got my daughter the 3-cup Cuisinart and it's WAY TOO SMALL for any real processing duties, but would suffice as a mini chopper.

Good luck!

AM, is that the one with the blender attachment ? The lady at Macy's said it was really for only very small jobs.

I wanted it, though. I think it'd be handy for certain things. It wasn't cheap.

Has anyone tried the combo Blender/small food proc. that I see, from Kitchen Aid (iirc) ?

I bougtht the Cuisinart blender small food processor and it was a total waste of money! The blender doesn't blend and the blade on the food processor doesn't reach to the outside far enough so that isn't effective at ALL. I know nothing about the Kitchen Aid though.

I have mini choper, 1 cup and 14 cups KA, I wish I had bought the 14 cup right away, I knew it would be too small for me. O well.

I think for 2 people 7 cup should be just fine. Under no sircumstences buy Black and Decker, it's junk.

AM, is that the one with the blender attachment ? The lady at Macy's said it was really for only very small jobs.

I wanted it, though. I think it'd be handy for certain things. It wasn't cheap.

No, it's just the tiny version of the classic (appearance only). Has no power! It's not even big enough to make bread crumbs, but I am cooking for a family. It'd probably be fine for one or two.

I think it's similar to what they couple with the blender. But do you want/need a blender? KitchenAid makes a tiny one too and at one point they had a blender combo as well.

Have you considered something in the 7-cup range? Neither too big or too small!

Funny...I am listing my Cuis' DLC 7 super pro 14 cup processor for sale on Craigslist. Has ALL the accessory blades. I live alone and it is just more machine than I need. Downsizing to a Cuis' DLC 8. 11 cup. I already have it, along with the accessory blades and the chute attachment, which really rocks (they only made it for the DLC 8 and I think for the DLX 20 cup). I use it at home, and take it to the church on shelter night, to prepare breakfast in the morning. I also have a Cuis' mini mate chopper/grinder on the counter for small, quick stuff. I also have a KA blade type coffee grinder with a removable stainless steel bowl. Made in India, with the best features of Indian food grinders. Killer for spices, and easy to clean. For you, the 7 cup Cuis' (DLC 10 classic) sounds like the way to go. It is powerful and versatile...you can get the full range of accessory blades for it (cheapest on eBay). It's a real food processor, not a compromise or wannabe. Behind the DLC 8, the second most popular fp Cuis' has made, I do believe.

I have a combo blender/processor. Krups I think is the brand. I would not do that again. It was a freebie with my credit card rewards. I hardly ever use either one. I tend to use my mini chopper alot though.

It seems to me that a chopper is great for a really small amount but anything over that, the food proc. has got to come out.

Darn...I just made another Craigslist score. Stainless Cuis' Custom Pro 11 with an extra workbowl and flat cover, all the stuff, new in box and individual parts all still wrapped...$20 + gas to pick it up. Total under $30. I guess it's still raining food processors here.

Darn...I just made another Craigslist score. Stainless Cuis' Custom Pro 11 with an extra workbowl and flat cover, all the stuff, new in box and individual parts all still wrapped...$20 + gas to pick it up. Total under $30. I guess it's still raining food processors here.

So this is the one I get to donate to the church, right?:angel:

Again...this time it's a French Cuisinart FP-5 made by Robot Coup...$3.95. The base is all metal and the motor is 6 amps. I may try to fit the motor into a newer base, but for now I'm gonna use it for a bit. This old baby is the kind of hardware that Cuisinart built its reputation on.

Back
Top Bottom