Advice on Blenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not recommend the Cuisinart blender/mini food chopper. The blender just doesn't have enough power to circulate things in the container. I wasted $95.00.

I find I just use my food processor and leave it at that!

LC, I just took a look at the Cooks Illustrated site and they rated the Braun Powermix the highest (only $49.99) and Oster classic beehive next. I love my Oster - had it for many years and I use it alot now that I'm learning to cook Mexican dishes. Can't cook here without a blender to puree the soaked dried chiles for sauces. Even the little corner tiendas sell blender parts! CI did say to be sure and get a glass blending jar, not plastic. Have fun shopping.

Vita Mix, Vita Mix, Vita Mix!!!!!

Either new or used, it is the best blender on the planet!!!

You won't regret the purchase.

I second the advice on the Oster. I have one that is like 30 years old and still runs like new. I see them in thrift stores all the time.

If you have the money though, definately go for the Vita Mix!!

I have an elcheapo Betty Crocker blender that's still pretty much new because I rarely use it. But when I do, it does the job very well! I only paid $20.00 for it at Home Depot.

The main problem that I find with the Vita Mix machine is that even though it is extraordinary for doing the amazing things that it does, such as making hot soup, chopping meat, grinding grain and kneading dough for bread, it can't slice fruits or veggies.

The main problem that I find with the Vita Mix machine is.......it can't slice fruits or veggies.
That is because that is not what it is designed to do. It is a blender. Why would you expect a blender to slice? It is not a food processor.

I use my food processor or Braun stick blender anytime I need something blended. The FP does not get things fine enough a lot of the time, but for what I am doing I live with it. I would like a Vita Mix some day though.

Yeah, it is.

There ARE some blenders that are food processors, I think. Cuisinart makes some. And some appliances blend as well as slice. Just a thought.

Years ago, I once had an Oster Kitchen Center that allowed me to mix batters, knead dough, blend, slice and grind. But I don't think those machines are in production any more. I bought one, as did one of my sisters.

Just my two cents. I have a kitchen aid 3 speed blender. It does everything I ask it to do. It has a glass jar, which I like.

I've had it 10 years - no trouble. I like the waterproof control panel.

I have two blenders...a Vita Mix 5000 and...a Vita Mix 3600+. Both great. Thrift store finds both. I replaced the polycarbonate cannisters on the 5000 with the new Tritan cannisters that do not leach pthalates or bisphenol A into the food/beverage. The 3600+ has a stainless steel cannister. Bulletproof. The 3600+ will cook soup from scratch. Just throw everything in and run it on "high" for 10 minutes. Voila! Hot cream soup. Make soft ice cream in it, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom