Again. No Dishwasher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again.No Dishwasher?

Timothy, a former member who is sadly deceased, turned me on to Lemi Shine. It works well.

Last edited:
Vinegar doesn't have any properties to it that makes water run off glasses and silverware. Go ahead and put just vinegar in your rinse reservoir then. :ermm:

The topic was cleaning the dishwasher. Vinegar cuts grease and is a disinfectant. And, um, gravity makes water run off glasses and silverware ;)

I don't have any problems with my dishwasher, so I don't think I need to spend extra money for that. I think it's just one of those things that manufacturers convince people they have to buy, like twelve different kinds of cleaners (exaggerating only slightly).

Instead of using vinegar for mineral build up, you might want to try Lemi Shine Rinse in the dishwashers rinse bay.

Which one is cheaper?

I was considering throwing a couple of sliced lemons into the machine. My neighbor has 4 lemon trees, so lemons are free.

Last edited:
Lemi Shine (the powdered form) used in a cycle is very good at removing accumulated hard water buildup on glasses and utensils. It's quite a bit more effective than less expensive vinegar. Lemi Shine also removes overall hardwater build up in dishwasher.

Last edited:
Lemi Shine (the powdered form) used in a cycle is very good at removing accumulated hard water buildup on glasses and utensils. It's quite a bit more effective than less expensive vinegar. Lemi Shine also removes overall hardwater build up in dishwasher.

Edit: I meant to say that using cleaned glasses and utensils in a cycle and running it with just powdered Lemi-Shine removed a lot of fog build up. I had to run two cycles using Lemi-Shine powder, but I noticed it took off a lot of build up on glasses and utensils. Better than just pouring in vinegar.

Last edited:
Update:

News at 11...NOT!:LOL:

The repairman came and had a look.Apparently the pump went on the dishwasher.The new one will be here bright and early Monday morning.
HOT-DAWWWG!

This home repair company that they sent, we've used before they're great.If they say they will be at your home by 9am they are always right on time.:cool:

Yay! Soon your dishwasher can take over the "swish the dish" job! Isn't it nice to have someone reliable fix things? Between our dishwasher and our refrigerator, over the life of their warranties we've had quite an assortment of service techs. I'm always happy to see the Good One.

Glad to hear you'll have a working dishwasher soon Chef Munky. :clap:

We can live without them but life is easier when we have them. :D

I'm happy to report that I just installed a Bosch unit from 2011 pulled out of a demo we just did.

It replaces an "on it's last legs" Maytag I had.

I do gotta say, Those Bosch dishwashers might be pricy but this thing is quite as a church mouse and does a fine job of getting the dish's clean. :)

News at 11...NOT!:LOL:

The repairman came and had a look.Apparently the pump went on the dishwasher.The new one will be here bright and early Monday morning.
HOT-DAWWWG!

This home repair company that they sent, we've used before they're great.If they say they will be at your home by 9am they are always right on time.:cool:

Have they quoted the repair work yet?
The reason I ask is because a bad pump would not circulate any water at all. Meaning if the pump was bad and you turned on the DW, nothing would get wet and you would notice everything was still dry.
It seems cleaning (hard water) the DW has taken a hold of this thread and that it is was not working as well as it used too?
So what is it? Was it not getting anything wet inside or was it just not performing. There is a gigantic difference between a hard water issue and a bad pump.

In front of the suction side of a DW pump resides a device called a "chopper". This little steel blade spins around in front of the screen and chops food particles small enough to fit through the screen and allowed to go down the drain.
I have fixed two dishwashers with similar symptoms and it was either the chopper or the screen. Both parts costing under 20 dollars. (they usually come as one item). Screen and chopper.
I hope you are not getting a new chopper and screen and paying for a pump.
The evolving discussion has led me to believe its not the pump.
If it was the pump there would be no water spraying and all the dishes would be dry.

Disclaimer. A bad or lose impeller could produce the symptoms that have been discussed here. The impeller would be part of the pump. If this is the issue, then a new pump is what you need.

Last edited:
Have they quoted the repair work yet?
The reason I ask is because a bad pump would not circulate any water at all. Meaning if the pump was bad and you turned on the DW, nothing would get wet and you would notice everything was still dry.
It seems cleaning (hard water) the DW has taken a hold of this thread and that it is was not working as well as it used too?
So what is it? Was it not getting anything wet inside or was it just not performing. There is a gigantic difference between a hard water issue and a bad pump.

In front of the suction side of a DW pump resides a device called a "chopper". This little steel blade spins around in front of the screen and chops food particles small enough to fit through the screen and allowed to go down the drain.
I have fixed two dishwashers with similar symptoms and it was either the chopper or the screen. Both parts costing under 20 dollars. (they usually come as one item). Screen and chopper.
I hope you are not getting a new chopper and screen and paying for a pump.
The evolving discussion has led me to believe its not the pump.
If it was the pump there would be no water spraying and all the dishes would be dry.

Disclaimer. A bad or lose impeller could produce the symptoms that have been discussed here. The impeller would be part of the pump. If this is the issue, then a new pump is what you need.

The repair work is covered under the warranty.
I'll link the DW that I have.

What happened was I heard noise from it.With that DW you don't know what cycle it's in at the time.I just know I heard it twice per cycle.

Ran the one hr cycle still the same thing.It did fill with water.It did say that the load was finished.When I opened up the door no water had drained out of it.We had bubbles though :)

We did get inside of it.The screen did show hard water.Not a lot, just some.Cleaned that.Tried again.Still no changes.

Whirlpool Front Control Dishwasher in Monochromatic Stainless Steel-WDF520PADM - The Home Depot

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom