Any Advice About Induction Cooktops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yukonergal

Assistant Cook
I will be getting a new cooktop. House is all original equipment from 1980 except convection wall ovens. I would like to hear some personal experience about choices of induction vs. gas.

you probably know this, but just in case: you need to make sure that your cookware works with an induction stovetop....a simple test is to see if its magnetic (if it is, it will prob work), but double check with the manufacturer

sorry, no personal experience (i like gas)....but i have heard good things

If you search Amazon for induction burners there are several personal reviews and pictures there with people that use them. Link My kitchen is finished but someday I will be getting at least the burner. For more information on them you can check out the GE site. Link

assuming you have good cookware that is magnetic (magnetic stainless...not all is) or enameled cast iron, carbon steel etc, you will be very happy with induction.

However, copper, aluminum, glass will not work with induction, nor will thin steel or iron give you good reults...burning.

Many chefs have come to love induction, and it keeps your room cooler. Ideal for the bakeshop and pastry chef!

Back
Top Bottom