Anyone heard of the Ninja?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Apparently it combines a food processor and blender and is super powerful. Touted as the next Magic Bullet. I checked out their website, they have different combos of different items. Just curious.

I've got the original Ninjaaaa...
I love it. I even mentioned that here recently when we were discussing processing small amounts of food. Those dual blades rock. I wish the FP people would pick up on that idea so you didn't turn the bottom of your items to mush waiting for the top half to get semi processed. And I love not having a hole in the center of my processing bowl. You don't have to watch over filling with a Ninja. At least not the original one, with the power pod.
I can't comment on their new one, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bad review of the original one. Most everyone loves them.

pacanis said:
I've got the original Ninjaaaa...
I love it. I even mentioned that here recently when we were discussing processing small amounts of food. Those dual blades rock. I wish the FP people would pick up on that idea so you didn't turn the bottom of your items to mush waiting for the top half to get semi processed. And I love not having a hole in the center of my processing bowl. You don't have to watch over filling with a Ninja. At least not the original one, with the power pod.
I can't comment on their new one, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bad review of the original one. Most everyone loves them.

What does the original consist of? I would love to combine my blender and food processor into one machine. And no hole would be great. A lot of what I saw had things I don't need, like an immersion blender (have 2). The website had a number of different options.

I don't have a blender, so I'll say yes, lol. It's only got one speed though... (I was never very sure why blenders had all those speeds anyway).
Here I am using it as a blender http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/mexican-horchata-rice-drink-69872.html

And I rarely pull out my 7qt FP anymore. Maybe if I'm making a lot of coleslaw with the shredder blade, or shredding a lot of cheese. The Ninja only has the basic blades, so keep that in mind.

I think it's pretty handy and I don't miss not having a blender with it.

pacanis said:
I don't have a blender, so I'll say yes, lol. It's only got one speed though... (I was never very sure why blenders had all those speeds anyway).
Here I am using it as a blender http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/mexican-horchata-rice-drink-69872.html

And I rarely pull out my 7qt FP anymore. Maybe if I'm making a lot of coleslaw with the shredder blade, or shredding a lot of cheese. The Ninja only has the basic blades, so keep that in mind.

I think it's pretty handy and I don't miss not having a blender with it.

Hmm. I like the different speeds on both my blender and fp. However, would love to process pesto without having to do it in so many batches. From what I hear you saying, you can't shred cabbage or grate cheese with the Ninja.

Thanks for the info! Dang, I'm such a gadget freak.

I tried one a few months ago and was't impressed. I like whole food juicing, which means you use the whole fruit, steams, skin, pits and all. To get it smooth and liquid I have only found one thing that will do it and that is the vita-mix. My first one was a hand-me-down from my mother who bought hers in 1941 with wedding present money. It is still gong strong. However I decided recently to upgrade to a new one it should be here Monday. The vita-mix is awesome, very well made, and has one he'll of a company standing behind it. It is well worth the money. The ninja could't get anything perfectly smooth, it also didn't have the power or the blades to make ice cream that wasn't, chunky and gritty and you can forget about friction cooking soups, sauces, and pudding. It also will not turn whole grains in to white flour consistency for awesome breads and cakes. I would get the vita-mix. You don't have to get the package with multiple containers. The large wet will do everything including turning grains, seeds and beans in to flour, though if you plan to make a lot of flour the dry ingredient container is a worthwhile investment.

Robert

I have heard good things about the Vita-Mix too! Thanks, Robert!

Sorry if I am across as a jerk about the Ninja. If you likely great. It is just nice to have so many options. Something that works for everyone.

Robert

Robert Barnett said:
Sorry if I am across as a jerk about the Ninja. If you likely great. It is just nice to have so many options. Something that works for everyone.

Robert
You did not come across as a jerk. You are giving an opinion, which I am sure all of us appreciate! I do!

That's why we Discuss Cooking! ::):

Last edited:
I'm in the market and have almost decided 100% on The Ninja. But not the option with the different bowls and things, just the kind with the one pitcher.

Back
Top Bottom