"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 02-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Certified Executive Chef

kitchennisse, is there a goose in your background?

Old 02-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Hey, I had a goose chase me through a gravel parking lot with 2 1/2" heels on and a really tight skirt - now it's funny - they make the most horrible noise while they're chasing you!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #13
Executive Chef

elf,

luvs, I think I will wait till the price goes down, and it will.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Hey, I had a goose chase me through a gravel parking lot with 2 1/2" heels on and a really tight skirt - now it's funny - they make the most horrible noise while they're chasing you!!!
ROFLMAO .... I know how much noise my ex-DW used to make about her feet hurting at the end of the day - I can only imagine how much noise a goose would make with it's funny shaped feet stuck in 2 1/2" heels and a tight skirt stuck on it!

(Sorry .. just HAD to do that ..... :oops: )
Old 02-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
LMAO Michael - that is exactly how I wrote it! LOL Now - imagine ME in the 2 1/2" heels ALSO making a strange noise

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
he.. he, he, he, ... he....

Ok, with that out of the way I remember watching the infomercial and it looked good... how does it rate as a food procesor? I need one urgently and should pick one up at target tomorrow but if this thing rocks I want it.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #17
Master Chef

hey, lugaru. :)
it is a good food processer, but it kind of turned my cucumbers to soup, lol. i think i left it on too long. but it definately purees really quickly. i'll let you know later after i make something for a late lunch if it chops and minces well. :D
Old 02-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Hi luvs.
Glad to hear you received yours. Had a question re the MB. Did yours come with two gaskets (they look like two rubber bands), you have to insert under the mixer cups. Mine is a knock-off(?) very similar to MB called the Power Chopper.

I put the gasket on, it spun round & broke. Tuna salad I was trying to make leaked through the bottom & shot out onto the backsplash.

Wasabi, wanted to mention, don't know if you get the home shopping club (cable) in your area, but several days ago price was about $49.95 + $12 s/h, plus tax. One of those specials of the day. If you're still interested, take a peek at hsn.com.

Luvs, if the MB is the same re changing gaskets, I won't do this again. Bought mine on ebay, new in box. Thinking about contacting seller. But, if this is the way they're all constructed, I won't buy another. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #19
Master Chef

hi, mish. sorry your gadget gave you so much trouble. :?
the MB came ready to use, gasket in place, but there are 4 spares that came w/ it. i guess for when they wear out. i'm really pleased with it overall. :)
Old 02-06-2005, 01:27 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Thanks for the tip, Mish.