"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 06-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenrt
I just got my Magic Bullet yesterday at a thrift store. It is brand new, but has no manuel or any paper work. I would love any recipes you would be so kind to share. Thanks!
Helen, here's a link that might be helpful. There are several recipes. Perhaps the ones listed will inspire you to create your own.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #42
Head Chef

agreed...there are a ton of bad reviews for this thing...there is a period in time when it's pretty much guaranteed it will fall apart, i think conveniently after the warranty expires..buyer beware

Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #43
Assistant Cook

I'd love some recipes that work. I know it's probably me but every time I see the infomercial, I examine it to see how they keep everything from going to mush, that seems to be my gift.
I have friends that wouldn't do without it, but,I find I only use it for liquid things, since I've got that down pat.
MaryAnne
Old 07-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #44
Assistant Cook

I use mine for smoothies. My hubby tried to grind coffee by putting the beans in the base (without the screw-on blade attachment). After that, he complained about how poorly the MB grinds coffee. Geesh. He's really bright, but the bulbs weren't all lit that day!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #45
Assistant Cook

I have The Rocket, which is a knock off of the mb. I haven't seen the infomercial in forever and I am trying to remember the recipe they did on the advert for a vegtable and fruit juice. I remember for certain they put watermelon in it to offset the taste of the veggies. Does anyone know what is is exactly? And to anyone who has tried it; is it any good?

Besides that one, I would welcome any addtional recipes that aren't listed on the mb website. ;)
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #46
Cook

I would honestly just spend the extra buck on a decent chefs knife and a standard food processor. They will last a **** of a lot longer. Products like the magic bullet are usually not made very well at all.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it by not dying." - Woody Allen
mitch_the_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #47
Assistant Cook

I have a MB and have had it for 2 yrs. Have not had any problem. I use it everyday for smoothies, soups and sauces. I love the MB. I like the fact that I can leave it right on the counter and it takes up so much less space than a processor. I got mine before I saw the blender and juicer so I just ordered the one off tv...buy one get one free. Got 2 complete sets including the blender and juicer for a total of $139.97, that includes S&H. For that price and the convience of the size...I think it is a great deal. I am giving one to my son for Christmas. I drink alot of iced tea and I make alot of Iced tea slushies and tons of flovered frozen coffee. I love it.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #48
Sous Chef

i was about to post something like this lol but thought i would do a forum search first.

So does anyone still use these? I have something like it, I use it to make my tomatoes sauce with no chunks lol and to blend my parmesan cheese.

Do people use one and if u do what TNT "quick" things do u do in it.

My friend just sent me a link with recipes - the link has already been posted in this post. Thats why I was curious. Wouldn't mind using it a bit more.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #49
Assistant Cook

i have a magic bullet, I only make certain things with it though, so new ideas are always welcome, thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #50
Sous Chef

Yeah thats why I bumped the topic lol thanks for the re-bump! :)