Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bijoubrown

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I have a very funny story to tell you about getting my new Kenmore refrigerator from Sears. Back in July I ordered one and it was to be delivered in 3 weeks between 8:15am - 10:15am. No one came and when I called they told me that my refrigerator was damaged out. I ordered another one and that one came with a damaged back in the cardboard. It was also full of dirty marks from the drivers. Today I finally had the new medal back put on and Sears is going to send me a $50 gift certificate. Sears offered to send someone out to clean it but I said that I would rather do it myself. :)

This is not like Sears to do that.

But the friggen problem that I've been having with them was that if I try to order something online from them, they start giving me this crap about my street address not being valid!!

So I stopped trying to order from them online. I'll go to the store to buy there products.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I don't like to order on line ,either....expecially in China, while something which like blues harp, i have to order on line, because i cann't find good quality harp in Guangzhou.....

Borning~~~~~!

Corey123 said:
This is not like Sears to do that.

But the friggen problem that I've been having with them was that if I try to order something online from them, they start giving me this crap about my street address not being valid!!

So I stopped trying to order from them online. I'll go to the store to buy there products.

~Corey123.
I only have that problem with UPS every other delivery. I wish we had a Sears close. Even in Charlotte none of the malls has one. I've tried to order from them but with limited success.

Sears is a sore spot for me. I ordered a new frig, dishwasher and stove.

The stove was left out about 6" from the wall and the dishwasher was placed so I couldn't open it due to cabinet drawers.

I had paid for installation, called them many times and they finally admitted that installation consisted of plugging it in or a basic hookup. Mr HB nicely asked them to come and remove all the appliances so then they sent someone out who made it about 5% better. We only still own them because I needed them, now. It still annoys me when I think about it.

Sear

Sears! Isn't it KMart now? I have always considered Sears the best for our money. Never ever had problem. Then order fridge last year in July. Felt confident wouldn't have trouble. Well, the sure popped my balloon and hopes of further purchasing anything in line of major appliances. Not only did the delivery men come after 5 when they said would be here between 12 and 4. They made up some excuse they couldn't get into kitchen even though it was same size as the one we had already. I had all the food in freezer hoping they would not disappoint me. SO do you know where they left it? On the breezeway, in July, w/no door attached. They advised me to go to the store and order another one! They left it that way. I feel it was after 5 on Friday and they wanted to get out of here. We had to get some friends to help us move the one fridge downstairs and set up the new one. didn't have to the way it should have been but we got it in there. Some scratches and other nicks but who cares after this treatment? If anyone tells me they are getting something from Sears I would advise them to go someplace else and question the delivery service. No good. I only wish I could have brought it home w/me in the car. I know I would have done better job of getting it home. It was hot and had to try to get food in the new box before it all froze. Am I the only one who has all these weird problems?

Sears is nationwide so their delivery service should be trusted. Used to be. NO more. I surely am sorry to have this happen.

Yes, Kmart, once in bankruptcy - had emerged from it and bought out Sears, but Sears kept their name.

In fact, if you were to go into a Kmart Store, you'd see some Kemnore microwaves and small appliances there.

~Corey123.

Improve?

Corey, don't you think this is misleading? People who don't read DC are going to think Sears is still Sears, not KMart. Wonder if they will improve on delivery service?

I'll buy all my major appliances from Lowe's in the future. During the Sears debaucle, I bought a gas grill from Lowe's.

I paid for it to be put together and it was delivered. When I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't work so I called Lowe's and w/i an hour the man who sold me the grill and the store manager came out to make sure they got it working that day. It took them about 10 minutes so I fed them strawberry pie w/ whipped cream to thank them.

In the Kitchen said:
Corey, don't you think this is misleading? People who don't read DC are going to think Sears is still Sears, not KMart. Wonder if they will improve on delivery service?

This is NOT misleading. It is the actual TRUTH. I am not making that up.

Kmart owns Sears and Sears IS allowed to keep their name. If you don't believe me, then try to look it up. I would NEVER post this if it weren't true.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
ITK:

This happens all the time. Did you know Sears owns Lands End? Exxon and Mobil are parts of the same company but still keep the two brands.

Sears will remain essentially the same as before. KMart will remain separate because they have different images and sell to different demographics.

In the Kitchen said:
I think that was the merger heard 'round the world because people were just like WHA??? because up until a week before Kmart was closing stores and in bankruptcy court then all of the sudden they are merging/buying Sears.

Andy M. said:
ITK:

This happens all the time. Did you know Sears owns Lands End? Exxon and Mobil are parts of the same company but still keep the two brands.

Sears will remain essentially the same as before. KMart will remain separate because they have different images and sell to different demographics.
And Toyota and Lexus; Honda and Infinity; Chevy and GM. A lot of companies do it. It's not deceptive in the least.

Sephora said:
And Toyota and Lexus; Honda and Infinity; Chevy and GM. A lot of companies do it. It's not deceptive in the least.

Actually, it's Honda and Acura & Nissan and Infiniti.

?????

I do believe all of you. It is just that what I think is Sears is KMart. things I bought in the past are not owned by the same anymore. If you have to try to get something repaired they tell me to buy new. I don't have clue about buying things due to the fact that the names are so unfamiliar to me.

My brother who can fix anything in a house and automobile (don't know how he got his knowledge) tells me that this is throw away society and I can't stop it. Have to go along w/it unless I would know how to take apart and use other brand names to repair. He t ells me an old car was built so that people could repair. Same way w/other things. But who wants something old? He always tries to get a used old car if he can w/low miles. I learn a lot from him about maintainence of things. Too bad he lives in the country and don't get to see him everyday.

Well, I will just have to keep asking your opinions to find out what you think person should buy in appliances. I feel I am getting insecure again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom