"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #41
Master Chef

Even though I am almost an empty nester ( the yungun had to move back in after graduating college this spring until he finds a job) I just recently acquired a larger crockpot. One of DH's coworkers was getting rid of it and knows DH finds homes for unwanted objects. It will be perfect for my chili since my other crockpot always was just a bit over full. I have 3. The "new" one, a bean pot (crock sits on heating base, no temp control) and an older model of this one 84905 - 5 Qt. Oblong Slow Cooker | Slow Cookers | Cooking | West BendŽ. The bean pot hasn't been used in a while. I used to use it for hot dips but we haven't had a party at home in a while. The others get used several times a month.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #42
Sous Chef

I have a 2,4 & 6 quart crockpot that I like. Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 33135 3-in-1 Slow Cooker with 2-, 4-, and 6-Quart Crocks, Stainless Steel: Home & Garden I stupidly gave away my old one from the 70's. It cooked at a lower temp and I liked the way things turned out better. My new one has buttons to select the temp for cooking at 2,4 & 6. I've found if I select 2 when using the 4 qt I get better results. The crocks stack well for easier storage.

Tags
electric