"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking4to View Post
My wife wants everything perfect, in our old house she had some sort of decoration in front of every counter plug, with all the appliances under the counter, so when we wanted to make toast, we would have to take the toaster out from under the counter, move a vase with flowers in it over to expose the plug and then plug the toaster in, make the toast, and put the toaster away, then move the flowers back to cover the plug...
If my spouse was like that, I'd be in prison for life right now! Cooking4to, you are a saint. ~ BTW, we have a son who played sports from 4th grade up. When he was in high school, his appetite became especially vicious. We would just call him "Stomach with legs". Just sayin'...

Old 01-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
If my spouse was like that, I'd be in prison for life right now! Cooking4to, you are a saint. ~ BTW, we have a son who played sports from 4th grade up. When he was in high school, his appetite became especially vicious. We would just call him "Stomach with legs". Just sayin'...
LOL, thanks, one good thing about having a wife who needs everything clean is everything is clean, but the screech that will be emitted if you forget to take your shoes off or leave your jacket on the back of a chair can cause physical injury...

My son came home from school at quarter of 3 today, he walked in the house and to the kitchen, turned the sink on and put his water bottle under the faucet, while his bottle was filling he grabbed 2 rolls {I make them with 6 1/2 oz of dough, basic italian mix but with butter and milk}, then shut the sink off and went to the fridge, I made some seafood salad the other night and he filled them rolls up with what would probably weigh about a pound and a half of chicken salad, then sat at the counter and within 6 minutes was wiping the counter down and pushing in his chair...

So before 3 o clock he had been home about 15 minutes and already consumed a little more than 2 lbs of food!!! In his defence he didn't go watch tv after, he sat at the kitchen counter and did just under an hour of home work and is now down stairs in the gym working out. But I promise when he is done working out he is going to come back up stairs and either make another sandwich or have a bowl of soup with a big piece of bread or a salad or something, no doubt about it....

Its a good thing I make a lot of our food because if I had to buy it all I don't think I could afford to feed them...

Old 01-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

Ahh, the appetite of a teenaged boy. It's amazing how much food they can eat.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Reminds me of a line from the Jerry Reed song, "Amos Moses", "they raised up a son who could eat up his weight in groceries".
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #25
Assistant Cook

I think that stuff looks incredible - show it off! :)
Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #26
Master Chef

I hope you are joking mr. feathers, right ?
Old 01-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #27
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
...My wife wants everything perfect...

... Its a sickness and obsession of hers ...

...If I leave my sheeter out on the counter when we are entertaining she will apologize to our guests for it when they come in the kitchen...
Quote:
...My next house that I build which wont be for about 8 years when the kids are on their own will have a full commercial kitchen ...
WOW!

My dear, dear husband also suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, like many people do; this is a serious condition.
My husband doesn't find the need to leave a room in a particular manner, BUT, he must have things just so, as does your DW. This just eats at him.
And me, I am like you; leaving something or another out, as in not stowed away in a suitable location other than on the kitchen counter (and I too have ample surfaces) doesn't bother me.
It's a matter or order to him, as I assume it is for your wife.
So, to this end I say, it's no hardship on me to 'put my toys away when I'm done playing with them' so that he is happy. That's the main goal, that everyone is happy at the end of the day.
How does the saying go?
"A Happy Wife Is A Happy Life"

And then... I gotta ask ya ... if your children will be 'leaving the nest', why would you at that point have a need for a "full commercial kitchen"?
Our residentially equipped kitchen works just fine for us two and the entertaining that we do in our home as retirees.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
And then... I gotta ask ya ... if your children will be 'leaving the nest', why would you at that point have a need for a "full commercial kitchen"?
Because some guys are gadget freaks and love commercial equipment?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
WOW!

My dear, dear husband also suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, like many people do; this is a serious condition.
My husband doesn't find the need to leave a room in a particular manner, BUT, he must have things just so, as does your DW. This just eats at him.
And me, I am like you; leaving something or another out, as in not stowed away in a suitable location other than on the kitchen counter (and I too have ample surfaces) doesn't bother me.
It's a matter or order to him, as I assume it is for your wife.
So, to this end I say, it's no hardship on me to 'put my toys away when I'm done playing with them' so that he is happy. That's the main goal, that everyone is happy at the end of the day.
How does the saying go?
"A Happy Wife Is A Happy Life"

Our residentially equipped kitchen works just fine for us two and the entertaining that we do in our home as retirees.
That is going to be the last house I build, I always wanted a commercial kitchen, I hate residential stoves and fridges, it wont be for the quantity it will be for the quality. I will never buy a fridge with ice/water on the door, my next kitchen will have a commercial undercounter ice machine, and osmosis filtered on counter water dispenser...

That is going to be my dream house, lol {we already have the prints and plans}. My wife just got hers when I sold my business {we recently bought a 7 bedroom villa in italy}, and mine is much cheaper than that was, lol.. The house we live in now was our kids dream house and when they leave the sale from this house will easily cover double what my lake house is going to cost to build {we already own the lakefront land}, lol... So I have the cheapest taste in the family...
I am easy, I want a theater, a music room for my instruments, jukeboxes, and stereo system, and a commercial kitchen... I use the formal parlor for my stereo room now, but I want a private music room in the lake house

It sounds like a lot but my wife has even more wants for the lake house than me...

She wants a master bedroom with french doors {when I built this house she wanted that too, but the plans couldn't support the wide hall way and 26ft ceilings in the formal parlor, we had to choose and the parlor won}, and she wants his and hers master bathrooms, which gets the master suite over 1000 sq ft...
Old 01-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #30
Master Chef

Ooo....I love that GF clock!

Tags
kitchen