Automatic pancake maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maksimilijan

Assistant Cook
Im just wondering what do you think of idea of making small automatic pancake baking machine ?

From my perspective:
I really like eating pancakes but hate standing over the pan making them ?

Does anybody else find machine like this interesting?

Would like to hear your comments....

I really like eating pancakes but hate standing over the pan making them ?

Here is the answer to your dilemma:

frozen-pancakes.jpeg

Last edited:
You might look into getting a stovetop griddle pan, like this. You can cook several at once and freeze extras for later. It's reversible, so you can also use it as an indoor grill.
51Hs57HcHgL._AC_UL246_SR190%2C246_.jpg

You might look into getting a stovetop griddle pan, like this. You can cook several at once and freeze extras for later. It's reversible, so you can also use it as an indoor grill.
View attachment 27899

Good point GotGarlic. When all 8 children were still at home, believe me I made some PANCAKES. I had a large electric griddle similar in size to the one you have shown. Once all the pancakes were done, I'd cook a mess o'bacon or sausages.

Cooking for that crew was a lot like slinging hash in a military kitchen.

I like crepes as well. So I bought industrial crepes maker similar to the one at the image. It was bad idea. It took too much counter space and was not practical to use or clean. It was a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 27899

Exactly... I use mine a lot..
Same with waffles... I always make more to freeze..

Preparing extra to freeze is pretty common with DC members, for dinner meals. Just makes sense to do that with breakfast meals also..

Ross

I just was wandering is small automatic pancake maker a good idea.
To me it seams like interesting one, it's just a question how to make it.

Regarding pancakes I also like crepes and at one moment I bought industrial crepes maker but that was bad idea. To big for counter and too much mess when I finish crepes.

I just was wandering is small automatic pancake maker a good idea.
To me it seams like interesting one, it's just a question how to make it.

Regarding pancakes I also like crepes and at one moment I bought industrial crepes maker but that was bad idea. To big for counter and too much mess when I finish crepes.

I'm of the opinion that if a tool/appliance can be used for multiple tasks then I hesitate to add one that does only one thing.

I also look at available counter/storage space when it comes to adding something to my cooking tool repertoire.

As I mentioned earlier the flat griddle worked fine when I had to cook for a large family and I still use it just for the two of us. When all the children were around, I could easily cook 8 pancakes at a time on the griddle.

However, instead of cooking only pancakes on the griddle, I can now cook both pancakes and/or sausage or bacon. Thus, dirtying-up only one thing to prepare two foods.

I'm not thoroughly sold on an appliance solely dedicated to making pancakes.

Griddle, batches, and freezing is best. Even if there were such a machine for home use you'll probably end up spending even more time cleaning the damn thing after every use.
Either that or hire someone to come in and cook pancakes for you every other day. Or go to House of Pancakes every time you're craving for pancakes.

Lild have pancake mixes, I seen them in Sweden, Germany, UK and Netherlands same mix, so Serbia should have it too.

But isnt Serbian pancakes much much thinner?

Back
Top Bottom