Baking chicken in oven vs. rotisserie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at the rotisserie oven from Cuisinart, I see it is a vertical oven. That is, the chicken, for example, is in the oven vertically rather than horizontally. That would seem to be counter-productive if you want the bird to baste as it turns.

I didn't look up cuisinart until just now.
Is that the exact one your looking to buy Lisa?

As Andy has already said it's counter productive.

It provides very little room to work with.Only holds an 8 pound roast?
It does less then the Ronco brand.And it's more expensive.
If you try to remove the meat while it's warm,your most likely going to burn yourself from the interior sides and that door.

Ronco's doors,lift up a little and then it's tucked safely under the unit.And out of your way.It's also designed to give you some wiggle room,while loading and unloading what ever it is you're cooking.
I don't trust the racks that cuisinart have showing.

Munky.

Another look at the Cuisinart.The heating element looks to be closer to the meat.It offers you only one standard place setting.

With the Ronco's the heating element depending on what your cooking is set back a little further away from the meat.It also has 2 resting areas.One is to rest as you load/unload.The other is set back a little higher for cooking mode It's close to the heating element,but not as close as the cuisinart's.Less chance of scorching the meat.

Munky.

My love for Ronco aside, I also fully agree that a "vertical" rotisserie is useless & completely defeats the purpose. It's not a "one-trick pony", it's a "no-trick pony".

Oh yes - that's another Ronco plus: the choice of two places to put the rotisserie skewers. Comes in very handy when you want to roast a large duck or big "oven-roaster" chicken. Or when you want to be closer to the heating element if you're just doing a couple of cornish hens.

Breezy lets apply for an infomercial job at Ronco..Really it's the least they could do.
We know our stuff! :)

Munky.

LOL!!! I agree. The last infomercial I saw (last year) had Ron's daughters manning the helm (let's face it - the guy is getting on in years), & they were peanuts compared to what you & I could probably do as actual long-time customers - LOL!!!

May I add a cheesy infomercial "BUT THAT'S NOT ALL"? LOL!!

One excellent thing I've enjoyed with Ronco rotisserie is roasting duck. While the duck is turning & roasting close to the heating elements, the fat is draining into the drip pan which is far from the heat. No splattering; no smoke. And an absolutely perfect crispy-skin-all-around juicy duck. Heaven.

When you roast a duck in your traditional oven, you have heat coming from both the top & bottom, thus (regardless of how clean your oven is) you get lots of fat splattering & smoking. And I've roasted a LOT of ducks.

The only thing I regret is that my Ronco rotisserie isn't long enough to roast a goose. That would be fabulous. But I've had to resort to Julia Child's "steam-roasting" method for roast goose, which will have to do. Lol!!!

What model(s) do you have? I looked it up on Amazon.com and there are several models and price ranges.

Okay, I just popped down & looked at my model, & it says Model #4000T. Keep in mind, however, that my unit is at least 10 years old, so I'm sure they've changed model #'s & other stuff.

All I'll say is that mine is/was the very basic model at the time - resembles the 3001 models at Amazon. Small, white, & came with a grill basket, & a pan with a cover that sits on top & allows you to warm vegetables &/or rolls while your meat is cooking inside. Nice touch & works well. Also came with high-heat resistant rubber gloves for removing the meat off the skewers, heat-resistant poultry-ties, & a few other little trinkets. Husband also bought an accessory pack that allows you to do fairly large racks of ribs, but I've never used that. Basic hand-turned timer - nothing digital or anything. Ten years ago it was a steal at $120 or less (it was a gift, so I'm guessing).

If my current model ever does poop out, I'll definitely spring for a larger/longer model. I'd love to be able to do a small turkey &/or goose in this baby.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom