Best commercial coffee machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, we are planning to open up a cafe here in Wellington. Can anyone recommend what is best commercial coffee machine with good value for money?
I have no idea, but what kind of coffee do you want to serve? Espresso? French Press? Vacuum/syphon coffee? Drip?

Bunn and there are companies who will lease the machines to you, doing the set up and maintenance.

IMHO Techni Vorm is the very best coffee making company out there. Very pricy- 200 for home machine. Of course, garbage in, garbage out. :)

I am partial to my keurig ...the only bad thing is if you want to use your own grounds the little cup you would put them in leaks water it's like it doesn't want to go into the lil cup but if your using the lil cups designed for the machine it's great coffee... Here in NC keurig has beaten mr.coffee out out the household name for coffee machines...lol

Have you tried going to a restaurant supply? There are several (at least here in S.CA.) open to the public. I have seen several suitable for commercial use that shouldn't break the bank.

IMHO Techni Vorm is the very best coffee making company out there. Very pricy- 200 for home machine. Of course, garbage in, garbage out. :)

BTW, welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be. Lots of laughter, plenty of recipes and ideas, and just a great place to hang out with everyone. :angel:

I can not stress this enough Bunn Bunn Bunn
I have worked in the food industry for over 30 years-- everybody uses Bunn.
On a personal note my husband is a coffeeholic.
He has bought every coffee machine under the moon and al have broke down due to his constant brewing. I finally convinced him to buy a Bunn home version and now he also swears by Bunn - now if he just would have listened to me 20 years ago hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I refurbish and resell commercial coffeemakers. Sort of a side job. Want the best? You want a Bunn, no question about it.

This thread is 2 years old, but never the less. If I were to recommend a coffee machine to anybody it would be something completely automatic and my personal favorite making a coffee mocha.

This thread is 2 years old, but never the less. If I were to recommend a coffee machine to anybody it would be something completely automatic and my personal favorite making a coffee mocha.
I've been sitting here reading the Amazon blurb with my mouth hanging open. Two things occur to me
1. How disgusting
2. It would be a lot less trouble ( and probably cheaper) to buy a jar of instant coffee powder. It couldn't taste worse than a concentrate made by soaking coffee in cold water and stored in the 'fridge for weeks (I don't actually believe the reviewer who claims to have made enough concentrate to last 3 years).

I don't see what difference there would be between drinking hot coffee from cold concentrate and drinking freshly brewed hot coffee from the point of view of caffeine and the affect on GERD.

And the thought of tea made with this system - BLEUCH!

I've been sitting here reading the Amazon blurb with my mouth hanging open. Two things occur to me
1. How disgusting
2. It would be a lot less trouble ( and probably cheaper) to buy a jar of instant coffee powder. It couldn't taste worse than a concentrate made by soaking coffee in cold water and stored in the 'fridge for weeks (I don't actually believe the reviewer who claims to have made enough concentrate to last 3 years).

I don't see what difference there would be between drinking hot coffee from cold concentrate and drinking freshly brewed hot coffee from the point of view of caffeine and the affect on GERD.

And the thought of tea made with this system - BLEUCH!

Cold brew coffee is very good and a different experience than hot brew. Cold brew produces a smoother beverage and is less acidic.

I definitely wouldn't keep it around for 3 years, but I've found that it holds well in the fridge for a week or more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom