Best Food Processor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I sneak a question in here?
When you say "slice", do you mean slice like buying a hunk of meat and making your own sliced lunchmeat? My sister used to have a meat slicer and got rid of it years ago. Now, I sure wouldn't mind having something that could slice meat, but was more multi-functional.

I do a stick of pepperoni and beef sausage with no problem. Lunch meat size is too large to fit into the funnel. I also have an electric slicer , I used to buy ham and other meats to slice but since there is only two of us , I don't bother buying that anymore, just presliced at the deli.

I just ordered a 12 cup KitchenAid for my hubby & want to order disks & other accessories for it...

They offer a 5 disc set that includes a 6mm shredder and a slicer, french fry cutter, julienne disc, parmesan/ice grating disc

- individually they have discs in 2, 4 and 6 mm shredders and slicers

:ohmy:do I really need to get all of the above - anyone have some experience to offer
Thanks

Can I sneak a question in here?
When you say "slice", do you mean slice like buying a hunk of meat and making your own sliced lunchmeat? My sister used to have a meat slicer and got rid of it years ago. Now, I sure wouldn't mind having something that could slice meat, but was more multi-functional.

I have a Braun (adjustable thickness) meat slicer & when I need to use it I love it

Reenie,

Take a look at the 5 disk package on the KitchenAid website. It gives the description that you have, but if you look at the picture there are 4 slicing discs and one shredding disc and the shredding disc matches the photo of the parmesan grater and ice shaver. I looked at it today and I was going to give them a call when I got ready to order it and just see what the actual combo is.

I just received my 12 cup as a birthday present and I know that I'm going to want the 6mm slicing disc but I can't decide about the others. I fired it up today and it's got some power and I think I'm gonna love it. The 2mm slicer, slices really thin and I don't think I'll use it as much as the 4mm. The multi purpose blade chops like a bad dog, three pulses and it chopped up an onion quick.

I don't think I'll miss the Cuisnart 11 cup it replaced.

I probably use the 2mm slicing disk more than any other, except the grater. I really like thin thin slices of cucumber and radish for salads. LC, I never thought of using it for pepperoni and sausage - gonna try that! Thanks.....

Thank you everyone for your help. I have decided to go with this one:
Bed Bath & Beyond Product
It is a KitchenAid 12 cup with a bunch of accessories that I think he will like, plus an accessory carrier so they don't get lost in our drawers!
I went to our local BB&B store, and the manager there said he would order it for me instead of me doing it from the Internet, plus he let me use both coupons and the rebate on it as well. So I am getting 20% off, then $20 off, then $20 back from KitchenAid. I think DH will love it, and it should do everything he wants it to do. Maybe for Christmas I can get him so more blades or something for it. I was hoping to have it here in time for his birthday in case he was home by then, but I don't think it will arrive in time and I am not sure when he will be home (we are hoping end of next week at the latest).

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Before I decide to spend a ton of money, I got a food process at the Goodwill for $4. It looks really ugly, but if it's functional and I use it for slicing and grating and mixing, I'll move up. I can't even remember the brand but it's circa 1980 and it's offwhite with a smoked colored container. It's definitely a blast from the past but everything was there, so we'll see if I use it. I checked and it does work, so it's up to me to see how much I use it between now and January when my b-day comes around.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have decided to go with this one:
Bed Bath & Beyond Product
It is a KitchenAid 12 cup with a bunch of accessories that I think he will like, plus an accessory carrier so they don't get lost in our drawers!
I went to our local BB&B store, and the manager there said he would order it for me instead of me doing it from the Internet, plus he let me use both coupons and the rebate on it as well. So I am getting 20% off, then $20 off, then $20 back from KitchenAid. I think DH will love it, and it should do everything he wants it to do. Maybe for Christmas I can get him so more blades or something for it. I was hoping to have it here in time for his birthday in case he was home by then, but I don't think it will arrive in time and I am not sure when he will be home (we are hoping end of next week at the latest).

Thanks again everyone for your help!
I love my Cuisinart, but you got a great deal on the one you got and I don't think you can go wrong with KitchenAid anything. Read the manual, you know I'm big on reading manuals :LOL::LOL::LOL: .You're gonna love using it.

I have a Robot Coupe R2 commercial food processor that I bought used at a used restaurant supply store for $50.

It is 20 cup capacity and has a food chute and many types of disks. It is the most powerful and durable food processor I have ever used and I have used them all -- though it is not pretty.

Back
Top Bottom