Blenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, perhaps I'm a prehistoric creature, but I still have my Osterizer blender that I purchased in 1968. Been working like a champ and has blended tons of homemade baby food, along with other tasty sauces, etc.

No plastic or nylon gears. All metal and doin' its thing like a champ in 2019!

Never found it necessary to purchase anything else.

Just me.

Katie, I think that's about the time I purchased my Osterizer "commercial" blender at the country fair. I remember standing there watching it demonstrated and although it was very expensive for me as a young mother, I just had to have it. The food budget suffered for a while but it turned out to be worth every penny. Do you happen to recall how much it cost back then, because I don't.

Last edited:
Katie, I think that's about the time I purchased my Osterizer "commercial" blender at the country fair. I remember standing there watching it demonstrated and although it was very expensive for me as a young mother, I just had to have it. The food budget suffered for a while but it turned out to be worth every penny. Do you happen to recall how much it cost back then, because I don't.

I think I paid about $20.00 and bought it at a local drug store, Drug Fair, which was a local, east coast drug store.

That's a screamin' deal! You will love it.

I have to admit I had my doubts about Vitamix. While their customer service was exemplary, it also wreaked of arrogance with a problem I had.

But I have now had it a couple years and I use this blender more than any blender that came before it. I'm not really a smoothie guy... blender was used mainly for cocktails and sauces. But now I make nut butters (fresh peanut butter is amazing), salsas and purees, tahini paste, even powdered sugar and semolina from dried pasta, and my own chili powder from dried anchos.

So I am sold... big time, and can now relate to folks that say there is no substitute.

Back
Top Bottom