"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Senior Cook

def agree about those being negative for the blendtec and vitamix....other negative being the price

i already have the KA - in fact, its right next to me....going to use it tomorrow for the first time (after i return the waring)....im a bit busy tomorrow, but perhaps i could record or take some pics of the first run, then post them

no promises! but perhaps at least a few people will find that interesting?

not sure how i would post a video here....advice? pics i can handle

Old 07-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
def agree about those being negative for the blendtec and vitamix....other negative being the price

i already have the KA - in fact, its right next to me....going to use it tomorrow for the first time (after i return the waring)....im a bit busy tomorrow, but perhaps i could record or take some pics of the first run, then post them

no promises! but perhaps at least a few people will find that interesting?

not sure how i would post a video here....advice? pics i can handle
YouTube, imageshack, photobucket, TinyPic,

I've semi-recently found this site, and they do a good job on their reviews: Blenders: Blender Reviews, Best Blenders

I would also recommend looking at Amazon's site, find the Blender category, limit results to 4+ Stars, and sort the list by Best Selling.
Amazon.com: 4 Stars & Up Blenders

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
Senior Cook

ok, i just made a video and tried to post it, only to discover that i must have used too high a resolution, because i can only upload 20 seconds of it....ill try and fix it, but dont know if i can
Old 07-31-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Senior Cook

ok, here is the video....its my first time, and i did no practice, so go easy on me

overall, im very happy with the results....i know the final smoothie looks a little thick, but thats mostly because there wasnt enough liquid

let me know what you think

Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
ok, i just made a video and tried to post it, only to discover that i must have used too high a resolution, because i can only upload 20 seconds of it....ill try and fix it, but dont know if i can

We also accept verbal descriptions.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #16
Senior Cook

we must have crossed posts...check again - video is up!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Great video review! I liked that Ice Crush setting, do any of the other modes/settings pulse like that?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
Senior Cook

thanks!

and no, it seems like the ice crush mode is the only one that pulses...but that doesnt really make a differnce - ill just use the pulse mode whenever i want

one feature it has is a "soft start" which the box described as starting slow, and then increasing speed so that food isnt thrown everywhere....but, in reality, it pulses at a high speed for a split second, then slows, then builds up to the setting you chose...not sure i understand how that prevents a mess

to be fair, there is one other thing that i dont love - the top doesnt sit really tight when in place...i could see it flying off during blending....easily fixed by holding your hand on top when you first start, but just something to be aware of....i guess the plastic could relax a bit after a few washes and then have a firmer grip, but who knows...its really not a big deal, and doesnt take much away from this blender
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef

Congrats! Looks good. Can the carafe go in the dishwasher?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
Senior Cook

it can, but i dont plan on doing so