Bosch mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indocat

Assistant Cook
bosch mixer

just aquired a bosch mixer, my old braun made better bread consistantly however they are not made any more, i'm almost ready to trash this bosch machine, maybe i'm doing something wrong? hilary:mad:

Corey123, he was referring to trashing his BOSCH mixer. The Braun, apparently, is kaput.

Oh, sorry about that.

Come to think of it, I haven't seem that mixer around in a while myself!

Is that the one where the mixing head has to be removed for loading and unloading of the bowl & beaters?

~Corey123.

bosch

yes you have to remove the head off the old braun, such a great machine, 325 watt and great gears, have you used a kitchen aid for bread making? hilary:ermm:

Yes.

I own 2 of them.

The K'Aid K45SS Stand Mixer which I've owned since October, '86 and the K'Aid K5SS Stand Mixer which I've owned since January this year.

And they both work great!!

~Corey123.

All the comments about the trouble with their Bosch confound me. If using the 700-800 watt machine(Universal Plus), what issues are you having that make it "trash"?

If using the Compact and expect it to perform like a a 450 watt K'aid then it might be "trash" like.

Plastic versus metal on the outside is moot unless you are driving it around the block or throwing it around your kitchen. What is on the inside is what counts. Show me another 800 watt stand mixer that can compete and I would like to hold a discussion. I didn't buy my mixer to attach lots of accessories so can't comment on how difficult the Bosch is compared to K'aid but do know that there is never unmixed product in the bottom of my Bosch bowl the way there is in my K'aid.

All the comments about the trouble with their Bosch confound me. If using the 700-800 watt machine(Universal Plus), what issues are you having that make it "trash"?

If using the Compact and expect it to perform like a a 450 watt K'aid then it might be "trash" like.

Plastic versus metal on the outside is moot unless you are driving it around the block or throwing it around your kitchen. What is on the inside is what counts. Show me another 800 watt stand mixer that can compete and I would like to hold a discussion. I didn't buy my mixer to attach lots of accessories so can't comment on how difficult the Bosch is compared to K'aid but do know that there is never unmixed product in the bottom of my Bosch bowl the way there is in my K'aid.

The K'Aid machines are adjustable so that the flat beater and the wire whisk can get a bit further to the bottom of the bowl. But they should NEVER be allowed to touch the bowl's bottom!

The dough hook however, MUST stay at least a bit away from the bowl's bottom so that it does not bang against it. But I've never had that problem with stuff being left unmixed at the bottom.

K'Aid's manuals also suggest that you turn off the machine and scrape the bowl down now and then, so that your ingredients are thoroughly incoporated in the bowl.

Not all Kitchen Aid stand mixers have that adjustment screw. No matter what I do, there is stuff in the bottom 1/2 inch of the bowl that cannot be easily reached without taking the bowl away from the beaters. I don't have that issue with my Bosch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom