Bought New Foodsaver.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Ok guys, hit me in the head. I went out and bought another appliance for the kitchen.

I bought a Foodsaver Vacuum Bag Sealer! I thought that I'd try another one out and see if it works well, though I still have yet to try it.

This one should work. It seems to have all the latest features & more.

The Rival unit still works great. I just found myself constantly replacing the batteries a bit too often.

So now, I'll just use the Rival unit for short-term storage and the Foodsaver for long-term storage. It should work out well:chef:

Last edited:
I was gonna ask you about your other appliance you got. That would be the only down side to me is having to buy batteries for it. So what model did you end up with??? I got the hands free one and I'm just smitten with it!!!

V2460.

Like yours, it's also the hand-free model. The lid can be locked before vacuum sealing the bags.

The strip (heater) seems to have been improved somewhat. That was the problem with the last two. It wimped out too prematurely on both of them.

Ahhh very nice Corey.... the last two I have had I just gave away because I wanted to upgrade. I have not had a problem with them yet except that after a year or two, I got to have the newer model!!

Corey - good choice - I love my foodsaver!!
I use it very, very often & have no idea what I'd do without it.

Something good to keep in mind: Kohl's sells the foodsaver bags and very often they're on sale. Also, Kohl's is notorious for sending coupons at least once a month in the mail. Makes for very cheap bags! :)

Thanx!

BB&B does that as well. I was able to get the Foodsaver there for $95.00.

They also have a SS model, but that one is being sold for $169.00.

That, hopefully, is the last thing for the kitchen.

I just hope that this one doesn't wimp out like the first two did!

I was gonna ask you about your other appliance you got. That would be the only down side to me is having to buy batteries for it. So what model did you end up with??? I got the hands free one and I'm just smitten with it!!!

Believe it or not, after putting new batteries into the hand-held machine, it just FLATLY REFUSED to vacuum seal the bags!!! I'm began to wonder if it was even worth the time and money spent on it and the bags.

Luckily, the new Foodsaver was bought! I had to use it to finish vacuum sealing the cold cuts that I bought the other day. This was yesterday.

I think I would have to write a letter of complaint about that. Does not seem like you have had the hand held appliance that long.

You know, there is not enough I can say about the FoodSaver, it is probably one of my favorite appliances!

I didn't. I think I bought it in December just before Christmas.

Now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts on it, if it seems like it was a waste. Hopefully, it'll work sometime later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom