Brand New Deep Fryer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I have seen a Canadian Cooking show (The Great Canadian Food Show) which had one episode about, "The Pitchfork Fondue: Join us in sampling Prairie cowboy hospitality at an old-fashioned barn dance in Saskatchewan. Meet Merv the Pitchfork Fondue King for a bar-b-cue like you’ve never seen before!"

He deep fries steaks hanging from a pitchfork. He uses his own special blend of oils to get just the right smoke point.

I thought I mention that I bought an automotive funnel with screen for straining oil once, to use it just one more time before discarding the oil. Peanut oil isn't cheap. I'm pretty sure the plastic used to make the funnel is ok if the oil is cool when straining.

The other methods using cheesecloth or coffee filters were messy and very time consuming.

Amazon.com: Wirthco 32002 2-Qt Red Funnel W/Screen: Automotive

I have a gold coffee filter and it fits perfectly into one of my funnels, which in turn fits perfectly into the neck of the canola oil bottle. I let the oil cool completely, pour the oil back into the bottle through the funnel/filter, then throw the funnel, filter, and all the washable parts of the deep fryer into the dishwasher. Baba bing, bada bang, bada boom, ready for the next deep frying adventure.

Last edited:
Oreos breaded in sweet batter and deep fried are amazing. Also love beer batter zucchini and mushrooms. Yum! Would love one of these because I could use it outside! My bf's hates deep frying because it stinks up the house

Oreos breaded in sweet batter and deep fried are amazing. Also love beer batter zucchini and mushrooms. Yum! Would love one of these because I could use it outside! My bf's hates deep frying because it stinks up the house
Even though I'm eating oil fried foods, I still try to reduce the health risk as much as possible. Deep fried cookies and twinkies won't be happening in my house. My Doctor would take out a contract on me if he even knew I had this gadget!

The squash and mushrooms sure sound good though!

Timothy said:
Even though I'm eating oil fried foods, I still try to reduce the health risk as much as possible. Deep fried cookies and twinkies won't be happening in my house. My Doctor would take out a contract on me if he even knew I had this gadget!

You wouldn't catch me deep frying ANYTHING very often. My picture mostly just shows my face, but I maintain my 115-120 lb weight by eating pretty healthy. I do believe you have to splurge now and then or you'll go crazy, which is why I've tried deep fried Oreos lol!

I have been led to believe that if the oil is at the right temperature, the food will absorb very little oil. Since it is easier to maintain the right temperature with this device, you should be doing good. Food may absorb less fat than when plain frying. :angel: :whistling

BTW, I like really crispy, but not greasy, bacon. I have had deep fried bacon that was wonderful. As someone put it, "How would bacon be able to absorb any grease?"

I have been led to believe that if the oil is at the right temperature, the food will absorb very little oil. Since it is easier to maintain the right temperature with this device, you should be doing good. Food may absorb less fat than when plain frying. :angel: :whistling

BTW, I like really crispy, but not greasy, bacon. I have had deep fried bacon that was wonderful. As someone put it, "How would bacon be able to absorb any grease?"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chicken fried bacon

Chicken fried bacon consists of bacon strips dredged in batter and deep fried, like chicken fried steak. It is an American dish that was introduced in Texas in the early 1990s. Frank Sodolak of Sodolak's Original Country Inn in Snook, Texas, is credited as having invented the food.

Chicken fried bacon has been gaining in popularity as it is featured in popular YouTube videos, a book of Texas curiosities, and an increasing number of restaurant menus. It is usually served as an appetizer with a white "country" or cream gravy for dipping and sauce.
Chicken fried bacon consists of bacon strips dredged in batter and deep fried, like chicken fried steak. It is an American dish that was introduced in Texas in the early 1990s. Frank Sodolak of Sodolak's Original Country Inn in Snook, Texas, is credited as having invented the food.

Chicken fried bacon has been gaining in popularity as it is featured in popular YouTube videos, a book of Texas curiosities, and an increasing number of restaurant menus. It is usually served as an appetizer with a white "country" or cream gravy for dipping and sauce.

I think in homage to the last 2 days of Chanukah you should make yourself some latkes (potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts!). I have been making them for 6 days --- yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom