Bread Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Semon

Assistant Cook
I'm thinking about getting a new one the old one sounds a little sick I've had it for 15 years.
The way I do bread is mix it and let it rise in it then let it rise in a warmed oven I let my bread rise 3 times then cook it in the oven. (MY MOM Told Me to do it that way):)
What do you think?

What would a good bread maker be?
Or would I be better off with a mixer?
If so what would a good mixer be?

I think the world standard for home cooking mixers is the Kitchenaid stand mixer.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/countertop-appliances/stand-mixers/

I have one, and used to have a breadmaker (gave that to the ex in the divorce). Both work well, the breadmaker was easier. It did everything, including the baking. Was the bread as good as a more traditionally baked bread? No, but it didn't suck, either. We used to make beer bread in it that I absolutely loved.

So, you could go either way. It really depends on how much you want to be involved with the breadmaking process.

CD

They're different tools for different purposes. Mixers are a lot more versatile; they can be used to make more than just bread dough. But they don't provide a warm place for rising, they don't bake and they need more attention than a bread machine. The best mixer for home use is a KitchenAid.

I think bread machines are a commodity item these days. Any well-known brand will perform well, so look for the features you want at the price point you want to pay.

I also make dough in the bread machine and bake it in the oven because I prefer the shape of a loaf pan, or I'm making rolls. My husband doesn't like the "belly button" the paddle gives bread baked in the machine. That doesn't bother me much, but it's annoying having to dig it out of the bread [emoji38]

Last edited:
I just used my refurbished Cuisinart bread machine to make Sicilian pizza dough yesterday and a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread today. Both came out wonderful! It was the best fifty bucks I ever spent on an appliance.

Back
Top Bottom