Breadman bread machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greybeard555

Assistant Cook
I have just discovered the fun and enjoyment of making my own bread with my new Breadman machine. However, I have encountered a problem that I don't understand. Periodically when making the dough the removable paddle comes loose and gets buried in the dough before baking. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thanks from a great full beginner!!

Are you saying the paddle comes loose while it's kneading the bread? If so, take the machine back because that's a problem. However, the paddle is designed to come off of the shaft so you can easily get the loaf out of the machine after baking. The manuals that came with breadmakers I've owned say to remove the paddle when the last rise starts. My newest one actually has a beep at the end of the final knead so I know when I can remove the paddle. If you leave the paddle in place, then the loaf will bake and stick to the paddle and you will have to remove the paddle from the loaf after you remove the loaf from the machine.

I've never heard of that happening, but I can also confess that I've never used my bread machines to make bread through the whole cycle, just the kneading and first rise cycles.

However, I think Hammster has offered good advice.

I have never had that happen to my Breadman either, but I can see how it could. I've seen the kneading dough get underneath the paddle and lift it slightly. Mine is a pretty tight fit and the paddle has never come completely off. And it always remains attached when shaking the loaf out.

I wish I could help, but I have a Cuisinart bread making machine, and more times than not I can't even get the paddle off the shaft at all. I've eaten many loaves of bread with a paddle shaped indentation in the bottom and I have been forced to put the pan into the dishwasher with the paddle attached more than once.

I wish I could help, but I have a Cuisinart bread making machine, and more times than not I can't even get the paddle off the shaft at all. I've eaten many loaves of bread with a paddle shaped indentation in the bottom and I have been forced to put the pan into the dishwasher with the paddle attached more than once.

The dishwasher :ohmy:
My Breadman even has a time limit that I can soak the pan in warm water to get the paddle unstuck, which I never really understood, since you can put water and ingredients in the machine and set a timer to start hours ahead... :huh:

Thanks to all for your advice. I'm not sure if I can take it back (no receipt) it doesn't happen every time so maybe if I spray it with Pam first, it might help.

Depending on where you bought it, many times receipts are not necessary as the info is in a database. May be true even if it was a gift.

If the paddle is coming off during the kneading, I would think there is a defect.

Back
Top Bottom