"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 04-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Buying appliances online, pros/cons

My microwave oven fell from the table and broke. The technician said the board plate of oven needs to be changed and it is almost going take the same price as the microwave oven itself. There is clearance sale going on in Best brand appliances and I have started considering buying a new oven ( Best Microwave Appliance Vaughan, Toronto | Best Brand Appliance ) . Which among this oven are the best? Are online products good in quality?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

The brand name appliances sold online should be the same as the ones sold in stores. Choose one or two that meet your needs and check the internet for product reviews.

Here's a trusted website that provides reviews for microwaves and other products. microwaves search results - CNET

Old 04-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
Wine Guy

With the exception of a dishwasher, I purchased all of my appliances (and plumbing fixtures, for that matter) from online retailers. What I would suggest is first looking at store models, though, if for no other reason than to gauge aesthetics and take measurements to insure it will fit in the desired location.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Master Chef

Shopping in general has sure changed from the old days! We recently completed a brand new kitchen and every single thing we bought was online. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
Senior Cook

You may want to take a look at these reviews. TopReviews.best - Best Microwave Ovens 2016
Old 04-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC. This forum has so much information to share with you. So I hope you stick around. We love having new members.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I buy so much online and they are the same products sold in stores. My big TV from Amazon, since I had prime it was delivered, unboxed and setup, effortless.

I even bought my mattress online. Many companies now offer 100 day trials where they will send someone to pick it up if you don't like it.

What I guess I'm saying, is that ordering online from reputable places is a great way to go!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I buy so much online and they are the same products sold in stores. My big TV from Amazon, since I had prime it was delivered, unboxed and setup, effortless.

I even bought my mattress online. Many companies now offer 100 day trials where they will send someone to pick it up if you don't like it.

What I guess I'm saying, is that ordering online from reputable places is a great way to go!
And remember, if you use your credit card, you also have the backup of their service.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:45 AM   #9
Assistant Cook

It is easier to order online. No need to drive to different stores. You can read lots of real user reviews and have more products to choose from.

Prices are also usually better. I much prefer online shopping. Amazon in particular.

http://www.cnet.com/topics/microwaves/products/

http://www.kitchenchatters.com/
Kitchen Chatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

I just buy from Amazon. No fuss when you need to return something. Just save the original box.

Tags
appliances