Cajun Injector Electric Gourmet Stock Pot and Seafood Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedamenta

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have any experience witht his product:

Cajun Injector Electric Gourmet Stock Pot and Seafood Kettle

I am really looking for something to cook lobsters and steamers with. But if this is a good product to fry a turkey with also, I might consider spending the extra money.

I saw one in the store today. The info through the link above states "Deep enough to fry a 14 lb. turkey" but the box I saw today stated that 10-12 lb is the largest recommended.

With a deep fryer, you have to cook outdoors. Even with an electric rig, there's s lot of steam and vaporized oil and 99.9% of the kitchen fans in the world won't handle that.

If you're going to cook outdoors, get a propane gas rig. You can share the gas from your gas grill. The gas model will be MUCH, MUCH faster.

Thanks Andy - I have thought about getting a gas rig for lobsters as well because of the better BTU output. Boiling bugs is my intended primary use.

I live in the mountains of Colorado and my concern is that winter is a very long season here and water also boils at a lower temp here than at sea level. This means that I will have to monitor the lobsters closely the first several times to learn the cooking times for the various weights. Standing on the deck at night in the winter would be a drag.

I thought that this product could work well inside year round for boiling and steaming. And for the occasional holidays that I would want to fry a turkey, I could set it up outside. Hopefully, even though it would take longer to get the oil up to temperature, it would still be faster than sticking the bird in the oven.

My main concerns involve the over all quality of the product and the size of the turkey that it could handle.

Sorry, I can't help you with the product. I don't know it.

With a 28 quart container, you should be able to cook a turkey no problem. My deep fryer has a 26 quart pot and a 13-14 pound turkey is no problem at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom