"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Calphalon Waffle Maker - Thoughts/comments please

Let me start by saying we LOVE waffles and pancakes in my family.
What we don't love is a small electric griddle or a little waffle iron. We like to eat together.
That said, what do you think of the following:

Amazon.com: Calphalon HE400WM Waffle Maker: Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com: Presto 07046 Tilt 'n Drain Big Griddle Cool-Touch Electric Griddle: Home & Garden

I know the waffle iron is a bit pricey, but I would be purchasing them with ThankYou points, so the price is not the issue.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

I'd consider the Cuisinart waffle maker at half the price and free shipping. You'd save over $80 or a bunch of points for other stuff. Besides, I hate to pay for shipping.

Cuisinart electrics have proven to be great in my experience. I have 5 different Cuisinart kitchen appliances and am happy with them all.

The griddle looks as good as any. I'm not familiar with the quality of Presto products.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Cook

I think Presto is kinda on the low end of things. I love my Cuisineart Griddler--it's a little more expensive, but can be used for so many different things. A plain griddle is limited.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I have the griddler and it's great, but even if you open it flat, it won't have as much cooking surface as the Presto.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have the griddler and it's great, but even if you open it flat, it won't have as much cooking surface as the Presto.
Ya, Andy--you have a point. I just cook for two, so it's not really an issue for us. I love how easy it is to cook burgers, grilled cheese, etc., then just throw the plates in the dishwasher. I probably use mine more as an indoor grill/panini press than a griddle.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Thank you, I get free shipping on everything, since it is with points and not cash, so that is not a concern.
I have only had 3 Cuisinart appliances ever. I had a stick blender, and that lasted a bit more than a year, I had a chopper, that lasted less than that. And I had the soft serve ice cream maker and it lasted 2 years. So, maybe it it just me...that was my experience, hence I wasn't looking at Cuisinart. I could give them another shot, I suppose.
I specially am looking for a waffle iron and a griddle that can make large quantities at time time and are also quality.
So, quality and quantity.
:)
Thank you for helping.
I love this forum!!