Calphalon Waffle Maker - Thoughts/comments please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasBirdGirl

Assistant Cook
I'd consider the Cuisinart waffle maker at half the price and free shipping. You'd save over $80 or a bunch of points for other stuff. Besides, I hate to pay for shipping.

Cuisinart electrics have proven to be great in my experience. I have 5 different Cuisinart kitchen appliances and am happy with them all.

The griddle looks as good as any. I'm not familiar with the quality of Presto products.

I think Presto is kinda on the low end of things. I love my Cuisineart Griddler--it's a little more expensive, but can be used for so many different things. A plain griddle is limited.

Last edited:
I have the griddler and it's great, but even if you open it flat, it won't have as much cooking surface as the Presto.

I have the griddler and it's great, but even if you open it flat, it won't have as much cooking surface as the Presto.
Ya, Andy--you have a point. I just cook for two, so it's not really an issue for us. I love how easy it is to cook burgers, grilled cheese, etc., then just throw the plates in the dishwasher. I probably use mine more as an indoor grill/panini press than a griddle.

Thank you, I get free shipping on everything, since it is with points and not cash, so that is not a concern.
I have only had 3 Cuisinart appliances ever. I had a stick blender, and that lasted a bit more than a year, I had a chopper, that lasted less than that. And I had the soft serve ice cream maker and it lasted 2 years. So, maybe it it just me...that was my experience, hence I wasn't looking at Cuisinart. I could give them another shot, I suppose.
I specially am looking for a waffle iron and a griddle that can make large quantities at time time and are also quality.
So, quality and quantity.
:)
Thank you for helping.
I love this forum!!

Back
Top Bottom