Can I cook bacon on George Foreman grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon in the oven

I buy bacon 2 lbs. at a time. since it is just he 2 of us home now, sometimes i need just a couple of slices, so rather then fry it - I take 1 whole package spread them on a baking sheet and bake 350 for about 10 mins. You have to check it, certain bacon cooks faster, I cook till it is almost done, then let it cool and in a storage container i make layers them between plastic wrap and freeze. then when needed take out what i need. Not a strong smell when cooking clean up is a breeze. I do the uncooked bacon the same, take it out of the packagae and make layers between plastic wrap and freeze. Then you need 2 peice of bacon for a recipe, just take out two. I started doing this due to I was throwing bacon out that was stored in the fridge - we don't eat it that often to keep a lb in the fridge. Have save money doing this also.

Thanks for the details, letscook - That sounds like some good ideas - I like the idea of cooking the whole pkg when I'm in a cookin' mood & having it on hand. BTW, I've always cut the whole pkg in helf to begin with - why? 'cause that's the way my mom did it. .made it go farther back in the day.
Glenda

Back
Top Bottom