"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Master Chef
You mentioned you'd soon have your own kitchen. Because I'm a big believer in multipurpose equipment, you may want to consider something like this, that you could also use for cooking. It would have plenty of insulation for keeping flatbreads warm.

Amazon.com: CorningWare French White 2-1/2-Quart Round Casserole Dish with Glass Cover: Kitchen & Dining

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
Send a message via Skype™ to Rasputin
ooo how lovely. I have that same one ya know? I always loved it. Its the same model I think but a bit older. Thank you for the link. I'm going to buy it right now!

Murphy's Law - a satiric principle principle based on the theory that if anything can go wrong, it will; nothing is as easy as it looks; and everything takes longer than you think.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Well it is made of a plastic material but it use to be white. But with all the use it is now a deep tan. but the top and bottom were made for eachother, I can say that. But it might just be an insert like people have said so far. I might look it up. But in the mean time I will look up tortilla warmers.
The instant I saw the first picture in the OP I thought tortilla warmer. Except it looked like ceramic and I've never seen one that's ceramic. But now that you say it is plastic I'm almost certain it is made for keeping tortillas or some other flat bread warm. I've been served warm tortillas in something looking exactly like that (but less aged) in Mexican restaurants. If it were ceramic the container would cool off. The lighter weight of the plastic insulates it so that the contents will stay warm.

It's a tortilla warmer. Or maybe they have similar containers in other cultures, so perhaps it's a flat bread warmer etc.
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
Senior Cook
Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
+1 for a Tortilla Warmer
Joshatdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
The Dude Abides
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
+1 for a Tortilla Warmer

a very well traveled tortilla warmer. . .

TATTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote